Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Does Hypnosis Work For Weight Loss? (Page 1)

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
I was watching the news and they had a story about a man who lost a lot of weight through hypnosis. He used a company at easywillpower.Com. They say it is $59 for the hypnosis which seems to cheap. I am looking for feedback. This is for my fiance who wants to lose weight before we get married in september.

Thanks,

mark
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kebob
|

replied May 10th, 2008
Hypnosis is also known as visualization, creative visualization, deep relaxation, progressive muscle relaxation, guided imagery, and deep breathing.
Hypnosis Therapy - Can you find relief from problems by entering a trance? Can another person guide your mind to improve your thought patterns?
|

replied May 10th, 2008
Experienced User
Erm, hypnosis makes you fall into a sleeplike trance, so wouldn't you lose less calories than you would if you were awake? I'd go with conventional exercise unless you have already tried intensive and scientific conventional programs that showed no signs of improvement. If you want workout ideas, feel free to send me a private message Smile
|

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
I've never heard of this. How is this method done? Does he get the "you are getting very sleepy.....", make the guy fall under hypnosis and tell him to start jogging like he is in fat camp and never stop until he says so? Yes, I am saying this in jest, because I cannot conceive what would be accomplished through this. Could you explain what exactly is done post hypnosis.

Your lady should try to lose weight via working out instead of cheating her way to get it. But, that is just my opinion and most people rather pay and have the easy way out of things instead of working hard for it. Exercise will do far more to a person's body then just strength gains and weight loss, there are many health benefits it would provide that I doubt any hypnosis can do.

I don't think you will get too many comments about this hypnosis weight loss program from people who have done it, so the best I can say is to try it a few times and judge it yourself if she got slimmer.
|

replied May 6th, 2012
Unnecessary negative feedback!!!
Why do people have to be patronising in forums such as this? Possibly this person had tried both exercise and dieting and hasn't seen the results she wanted. Hypnotherapy is not an easy way out. It can help to re-train the mind after years of bad habits and focus' on why people comfort eat and associate food with happiness. If hypnotherapy points this girl in the right direction to loosing weight and being happy then she should give it a try. It couldn't do any harm and there is no "cheat" in being happy in one's self.
|

replied May 15th, 2008
Supporter
take that $60 and find a personal trainer or nutritionist liek myself and pay them to set you straight and change your lifestyle rather than some hippie, bogus hypnosis session. What an easy way out! The same kind of people who are too cheap to get training will go out and buy a $65 container of no-explode and hydroxycut b/c jay cutler uses it while they sit at 25%bf and wonder why nothig works. Get the education its instillled in your head forever...BE SMART PLEASE!
|

replied February 2nd, 2009
Hypnosis
Of course being a hypnotist myself, I am going to say yes it can (NOT will).
The reason is quite straightforward. Weight loss begins in the mind, and if your thinking is conditioned to eat sensibly and be active, then logically physical changes will take place.
Of course it is not always that simple. One reason for this is that food nowadays is so messed up with, and there is so much misinformation, for example, we are told to consume vegetable oils to prevent heart disease, and yet heart disease has increased over the last 20 years.
Of course some hypnotherapists are better than others, and sadly many are a bit "new age" to be taken seriously. Yes it is not a quick fix, for me a customer must be focussed on doing 3 sessions with the option of a follow up between 3-6 months.
What I can definately say is that with hypnosis you are not going to get worse, you either stay the same, or get better, and I am pleased to say from my experience working with people, is that it is usually successful.

I should also point out that the weight loss gained is NOT my success, it is the success of the person wishing to lose weight. It is a bit like a driving instructor. They don't "make" you drive, you are the one in charge of the car, but with the right guidance AND with the student doing the work, then though not guaranteed, the learner has a greater chance of success.....hypnotherapy follows the same principle.

Plus it is very relaxing.

http://psychology.about.com/od/statesofcon sciousness/a/hypnosis.htm
|

replied April 5th, 2009
if
If you dont feel like working out booaring or going to a ym they say Wii is a GREAT exersize and they sayalso there selling a excellent game for the wWii that is mad fun but feels like your jsut having fun
|

User Profile
replied September 3rd, 2009
I am doing some hypnosis CDs right now along with exercise and eating well. My weakness is junk food and not eating well. I have been trying to stop drinking sodas for the last decade but to no avail. Through self hypnosis, I was able to not have a single sip of sodas for the last two weeks (never happened before). My goal is to eat healthy foods, exercise and where ever the weight falls is where I'll be happy because I am treating my body well. Hypnosis won't hurt and can only help. Besides, it's very relaxing and forces you to take time out for yourself.
|

replied September 17th, 2009
This is a good question. Hypnosis itself is very safe, with no negative side-effects. The danger in hypnosis for weight loss is that someone suffering from anorexia or other hidden issues might use sessions in a way that could potentially be damaging to their health.
|

replied September 25th, 2009
Is this really effective? I never really heard of it. The logic to it is that hypnosis is only related to the mind. How can it affect the body with regards to weight loss?

|

replied January 30th, 2013
Christors24,
You are right hypnosis is related to the mind. All actions start as a thought and by changing your thoughts you change your life.

A hypnotist asks a lot of questions before taking you into a hypnotic state. This is to find out what your triggers are for eating. As one personed mentioned they drank a lot of sodas and had been unable to stop. With the help of hypnosis they had been free of soda for sometime.

People overeat for many reasons. After finding out these triggers hynosis can help to diffuse them or suggest another method of dealing with an issue. An example is that when a person was growing up they had to finish everything on their plate. Within a hypnosis session the Hypnotist can change the program of "Clean your plate," to "It is OK to leave food on the plate" or "I will eat only until I feel full."

Hypnosis is not a magic bullet that causes weight to fall off your body. It is method of accessing your subconscious programs that do not serve you and change them to something that does.

This is a short answer. You can find out about hypnosis and Active Meditation at commandingyourlife.com
|

replied January 13th, 2010
Hypnosis helps to loose weight. They provided me good tips and the best exercises and the weight loss program to loose weight. It was more helpful for me. They guided me in good way. Hypnosis is helpful for all type of mental and health issues.
|

replied January 13th, 2010
This the first time I have heard about this and I dont know whether it will be effective or not as, may be it is somewhere similar to yoga as, we need some meditation there also so that to cleanse body so it is always better.

As, there are so many other equipments also that are very beneficial in cleansing your body so it is better to use that also.
|

replied January 26th, 2010
Yes of course hypnosis helps to lose weight. I losed my weight by taking a hypnosis treatment and by taking difference session. I went for hypnosis they provided many useful tips and best exercise to lose weight. It was more helpful for me.
|

replied January 28th, 2010
Hypnosis is helpful for all type of mental and health issues. It was more helpful for me. When i was over weight i tried many ways to get my body fit and healthy. But it was failed. Finally one of my friend told about they provide me good tips and the best exercise to loose weight. It was more helpful for my weight loss program.
|

replied February 11th, 2010
Re: Fitness
Thanks for all the information and thoughts shared here. Yes, I have tried Hypnosis for weight loss. It really worked well and also increased my self confidence and self control. I have tried hypnosis in a affordable price.
|

replied April 13th, 2010
Now a days more and more people are facing problem about fatness. According to me, People have to do exercise and yoga daily. Also they have to take care for their daily food.

|

replied April 18th, 2010
hyonosis works for weight loss. Eating is all about
habits and patterns. Each of us embraces an eating style
which may or may not be healthy. If you are gaing weight
to the point where you are becoming worried about your health it is time to change your eating patterns. A
hypnotist can help if you are willing to change. Usually,
you start with what you are eating and why. Eating is
for energy.... if you are eating for entertainment, or
emotional reasons.... like stress, boredom, or lonelyness
realize where you are now....accept where you are now...
like yourself where you are now..... and move on...
Hypnosis is a relaxation system where you become more
responsive to positive suggestions....and more aware of
your food intake..... and more willing to change....
hypnosis is a positive experience if you engage the
right hypnotist. Also you can use hypnosis with any
other diet or conditioning program

gosign
|

replied December 28th, 2010
hypnosis for weight loss
if hypnosis worked then why does the NHS not fund it.. i think it is a load of crap!!!
|

replied November 10th, 2011
Hypnosis for weight management definitely helps with eating habits. I'm living proof! And really, eating well is the only permanant solution to maintaining the weight you want to. I tried several programs, but this weight loss hypnosis program was the only one that has actually worked.
|

replied December 10th, 2011
Weight Loss Hypnotherapy
News story on weight loss with hypnosis - its a technique to change your feelings about food and motivation to positively and wisely. http://www.selbytimes.co.uk/news/virtually _a_new_shape_1_4035536
|

replied February 6th, 2013
losing weight is long term little but boring process.
|
Quick Reply