Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Anyone Done Scan to Check Ovulation?

Hi friends,

i need help and advice. I started my period today and I will be starting out on clomid from day 2(tommorrow) to day 6 and on day 12 my doctor has asked me to come back for an ultrascan. The nurse told me that the doc will check for the best dates to have sex to try for a baby.

Now my question is, what happens at the ultrascan? What is I am ovulating and what if I am not? What happens after that? I also have pcos. So anyone who has been to an ultrscan for checking ovulation on day 12, can share ur stories and experiences.

Normally when does a person ovulate? My cycles are long like 40-45 days.

Pls share ur ideas & experiences.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 9th, 2010
ovulation on scan
Hi
the scan will show whether ovulation has occured or about occur.
On day 12 the sonographer will check how many mature follicles depending on size over 18 mm , are present in each or either ovary.
when follicles rupture at the time of ovulation , free fluid is noted by scan in the pelvis, that means egg is liberated and that is the time for timed intercourse.
hope it helps. regards dr uzma
|

replied September 18th, 2011
ovulation scan-london
I just had very bad experience in London Utrasound Center on Wimpole Street; ladys its not good place to do ovulation scan...you won't have proffesional answer on your questions and you will pay much more that they told you to pay...unhappy client
|

replied September 18th, 2011
ovulation scan-london
I just had very bad experience in London Utrasound Center on Wimpole Street; ladys its not good place to do ovulation scan...you won't have proffesional answer on your questions and you will pay much more that they told you to pay...unhappy client
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...