Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Suggestions Forum

Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue

I'm new to this forum and as such I have no idea whether or not im posting correctly. I spent a few minutes on the site looking for clues leading to discussions on fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue, but to no avail. I probably overlooked an entire section. Anyhoo...Im wanting to discuss both conditions and am wondering if anyone out there is going through the trials and tribulations associated with these syndromes.

Thanks kindly.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 9th, 2006
I have done the same... Been right through this board and can't find a section of fibromyalgia either! Do you have it? I am recently diagnosed and feel like I am banging my head off a brick wall trying to convince my own doctor how bad I feel.
|

replied February 12th, 2014
I am new to this forum also. I am 32 years old and just last month found a primary physician I like. I have had many painful symptoms that have gradually gotten worse. I asked her if I could have fibromyalgia? She asked me a series of questions and sent me to have blood work to rule out Lupus. I got my results today, and I don't have Lupus.
She prescribed me Cymbalta and in a few weeks we will discuss the changes from taking the meds if any. Then she will decide to send me to a rheumatologist or not.
My symptoms are: frequent migrains and tension in my neck, upper and lower back pain, middle back is sensitive to touch, but doesn't hurt too much. Also both shoulders pop and crack w/o effort, elbows, and wrists pop and crack w/o effort. My hips and abdomen hurt, thighs (front) burn and ache, my knees hurt (right knee pops), ankles and heels. I to have confusion trying to put together the right words to form a sentence. My attention span is very short, I am very sensitive to light I almost always wear sunglasses. My hearing is not always sensitive except when I have a migraine. When I roll my head, I hear fluid in my neck like inflammation?
I wake up 3 or 4 times through the night and even though I am prescribed Phentermine for weight mgt (speed pills), I am still always very fatigued. Mostly from morning till 5 or 6 pm, then I am more awake and with it. I am curious to know what this could be if not fibro.
|
Must Read
Fibromyalgia causes pain in the body. Learn the basic facts about fibromylagia and how doctors define this syndrome here....
Are people diagnosed with fibromyalgia born with a lower tolerance for pain? Are you at more or less risk of fibromyalgia? More info and causes and risk here....
Symptoms of fibromyalgia can be mistaken for other conditions. Can you identify common signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia?...