Medical Questions > Cancer > Breast Cancer Forum

Am I Experiencing Symptoms of Breast Cancer?

User Profile
For a couple of days now I have had pain behind my right breast and when I sleep on my side it hurts or actually uncomfortable. I remember bumping into a door on Saturday and bumped my whole front so I thought maybe that may have bruised something inside. There is no history of breast cancer in my family, I dont smoke and I eat pretty healthy. It bothers though and I would like to know cause I read someplace that a symtom of breast cancer is pain, I dont have any lumps but my right breast is a little more swollen than before, maybe from bumping into the door which was pretty hard. Thank you

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 9th, 2006
Breast Cancer Answer A301
Symptoms of breast cancer are: discrete lump(s) in the breast, discharge from the nipple, pain in the breast (mastalgia), changes in the skin, or eczema,…Having one of these symptoms doesn’t automatically mean that you have breast cancer. It only means that you have to visit your doctor for further examinations. Breast pain alone could be a symptom of many other diseases (inflammation, fibrocystic displasia, traumas, benign tumors…). A clinical examination and mammography are to be completed regularly - once a year- at your age.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breast Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.