Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anyone Having Facial Numbness With Migraines.

I was recently diagonesed with trigeminal neuralgia. But I have been having some really bad migraines with it. I don't know if I have been misdiagnosed or not. It is so painful.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 26th, 2006
Experienced User
Hi there,

i had a viral illness that went into my spinal fluid and into my head it caused a lot of problems with my trigeminial nerve. For a while I had the most terrible headaches, I felt my head was going to explode. I also had a lot of facial numbness especially on the right side of my face, my eye would twitch, my face would completely droop so that I looked like I had a stroke. Plus all the skin on my face went completely numb.

The headaches were the worst though, I have never experienced anything as painful in all my life. This went on for months but luckily as it was a virus it just ran its course. The fear from all of that happening caused my anxiety but its getting better.

Good luck with everything

debs
|

replied April 4th, 2011
This how i have been feeling and my head feels crazy at times my shoulders and arms hurt and what did you do fo it.
|

replied April 4th, 2011
This how i have been feeling and my head feels crazy at times my shoulders and arms hurt and what did you do fo it.
|
Must Read
Intense pain, sensitivity to light and nausea. All signs of a migraine. But what is a migraine headache? And what can trigger it? Migraine basics here....
Migraine symptoms are easy to recognize. But what signs precede a migraine? And which symptoms are present during different types of migraines? Read more here....
What types of doctors diagnose migraines? And what tests do they use? Learn how to understand migraine symptoms and put them in perspective here....