I've been told this could be an anxiety attack. I'm 25 yo/m and overweight. This morning I woke up about 6:20, 10 mins before my alarm, and my heart seemed to be beating very fast. I had trouble breathing, but I was able to work through that. I took a shower and chilled out for a few. Its now 9:30 and my heart beats seems a lot more normal, but i'm still overly aware of it and I still have some labored breathing. What should I do? Should I leave work and get to a hospital asap? Would it be alright to wait till I get out of work to go? Do I even need to go to the hospital? Any advice?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 31st, 2006
I'm not a doctor so I can't say for sure whether it is panic/ anxiety related. Waking up to a fast heart beat is a symptom of anxiety, but in all honesty if you are slightly overweight it would be a good idea to go to the doctor and have some neccesary tests done to make sure it is nothing other than panic. Don't freak your self out though because I suffer from panic/anxiety for the last 5 years that I now have under control and I can name over 20 times my heart has raced for no reason, and waking me up about 5 of those times.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...