Ey guys,

hello I am new to the forum, and would like to say that I am praying for everyone in this world that is going through what my mom and our family is going through.

I am only 22 years old and im really worried about my mom. Here is what happend.

About 6 days ago my mom fainted and had a seizure, she has never had one before. When she got to the er, the doctor's took a ct scan of her head. My mom is pretty stuborn and she didnt want to stay in the hospital so she left. However I did make her get the medical records here is what the ct findings were.

Findings: there is a rounded hyper dense mass originating from the left sphenoid wing measuring approximately 3.8 cm in greatest diameter. This has a broad dural base and is hyper dense. There is edema of the adjacent temporal and frontal lobe cerebral parenchyma. The findings are most compatible with a sphenoid wing meningioma. There is extensive vasogenic edema noted within the left frontal and temporal lobe white matter. There is 1.0-2.0 mm of midline shift in the frontal region. The ventricles are otherwise unremarkable. The basal cisterns unremarkable. There is no abnormal intra-axial or extra axial fluid collection or hemorrhage evident. The skull base and calvarium are otherwise negative.

My mom said that she has had maybe a couple of headaches before the diagnosis, she said they werent bad at all, and that they would go away after she message the side of her head. My mom also said that every once in a while she would feel a pressure in her head but that it would go away. She wouuld also feel a little dizzy, but never enough to fall over or not be able to continue with her day to day activities, my mom works everyday and also worksout 3 times a week for 2 hours for the last 2 years. She said that she has never felt headaches, dizzyness, presure or anything while she was working out. It seems as if her symptoms are minor????

Has anyone else been diagnoses with this?

From the research I have done, I read that most of the time any kind of fluid build up,edema, is mostly associated with a malignant type of tumor. Is this true? What are some signs or symptoms that I can watch for when I am around my mom?

My mom will be making an appointment at md anderson down in houston.

If anyone knows more information or where to obtain more info, I would be so thankful. I am really worried, and I do not want anything bad to happen to my mom.

God bless.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2018
The condition your mother has is a meningioma, which is a progressively enlarging tumor and can cause worsening symptoms in due time.

SUch tumors need to be treated at early stages itself.

It would be recommended that you seek immediate treatment for the same ASAP.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.