Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

When Does the 2nd Tri Start?

User Profile
Does the 2nd trimester start on your 12th or 14th week? I keep getting conflicting info from the internet and various books. Thanks for the help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 23rd, 2006
Experienced User
The 13 th week is what I have always heard. The 26th weeks starts the third trimester.
Ashlee
|

Especially eHealthy
2nd Trimester.....
It starts at week 13. Week 12 is the last day of your 3rd month.

Every month is 4 weeks....

I am 26 weeks....Which is the 2nd week of my 7th month.

A better example is week 20 would be the last week of your 5th month.

I hope this makes some sense..Lol...It's kind of confusing!! But it gets a lot easier.

Sarah
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Thanks for the input! I am 10 weeks today and getting anxious to get a move on things! :)

liz
|

Experienced User
In canada it starts with the end of your 13th week and beginning of you 14 week. I have seem some sites say it goes as long as 15 weeks.

I counted that the second trimester started in week 14
|

replied January 24th, 2006
It starts with the end of your 13th week and beginning of you 14 week
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...