Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

My Views On Abortion (Page 1)

Well to be honest, I find abortion a very selfish act. I know I am probably offending some of the girls in here, but if you don't want a baby and aren't ready for it, then quit having sex, plain and simple. There is no reason that you need to abort your own flesh and blood because you thought the "pull-out" method would work, or because "my b/f doesn't like condoms and I didn't want to upset him". I am 17 years old, and due to have my second child in feb. And abortion never once crossed my mind. I raise my son and intend to do the same for my daughter. I said it once and i’ll say it again, if you don’t want a baby, don’t have sex!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 28th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Congrats on ur pregnancy girl.I totally agree with u,u sed it well & ur right,many people use abortion as an excuse cos they werent intelligent enough 2 b 'careful.'if u dont want a baby,get on the pill or use condoms,theyre easy 2 get hold of!
|

replied February 4th, 2004
Abortion, in my opinion, is a huge mistake. If you don't want a baby, give it up for adoption, or simply abstain. I know many young people have sex now... I am young. But, if you get yourself pregnant, take care of it in an unselfish way. That's murder! God intended for that baby to be there! My family adopted a baby from a little girl that was raped by her brother. She was only 13 but knew abortion would haunt her. The baby's beautiful and brought so much joy to my infertile sister's life. Pregnancy is a blessing. Life is a blessing. Everything happens for a reason... Hopefully most of us will choose adoption before choosing this harmful and dangerous to mind and body act.
Smile
|

replied February 6th, 2004
Experienced User
Libby
Perhaps you should take some of your own advice. Were you trying to get pregnant or just using the pullout method at 17? I think giving birth to another life before you even understand how to drive is stupidity at it's finest. Are you validating the fact that you are now a teen-age mother by being against abortion? (not once.. But twice!) wow.
|

For your info I did know how to drive before I had my son. Secondly, maybe you should not be so closed minded about everything, you obviously are not a mother and can't grasp the hardship that comes with it, but I am a damn good mother to my children, so you can just kiss my ass jesse!

Liberty
|

Experienced User
Thanks for clearing that up. I hope you don't kiss your children with that mouth.
Take care,
jesse
|

I didn't say anything out loud it came from my finger tips smart one. Secondly I hope that you aren't giving parenting lessons, because you wouldn't know where to begin. I don't bring any sort of anger or cursing into my home, I don't allow those who degrade teen mothers either. My children are well cared for, happy and healthy, so how about keeping your opinion based on insufficiant facts to yourself next time! K?

Liberty
|

Experienced User
Wow jesse, you need to back off! Are you saying that she should have aborted her babies because she was a teen? I think you are taking your crusade a bit too far! Libby good for you!

Kel
|

replied February 7th, 2004
Abortion is wrong but in countries like america they are so used to it that it becomes part of their everyday life and seems perfectly normal to them. Americans hold minutes of scilence for 3000 lives which were lost on september 11, but they seem to think nothing of the fact that they abort over 1000000 foetuss every single year. Whats 3000 lives when you stop 1 million from ever coming into existance. No one has the right to stop a live from forming, only god and it was always that way until people made it seem normal by performing un natural procedures as if they are everyday occurances. People have to take responsibility rather than escaping and taking an easy route out.
|

replied February 7th, 2004
Experienced User
That was very stereotypical! I am very much against abortion and so are millions of other americans. There have been numerous protests against abortion, but we can't do everything, just control out own lives and try to pursuade those who are for abortion, to become against it.

Kelly
|

replied February 8th, 2004
Experienced User
Ult -
Perhaps you should go back and read the post I wrote. Did I once say, "you should abort your babies because you are an idiot for thinking you can raise a child"? No I didn't. I simply said she should take some of her own advice. I asked if she was trying to get pregnant. She and many of you others have stated that you shouldn't have sex if you don't want a child. So at 15, according to her, she must have been trying to get pregnant. That's my point ult. Blessed bee. Way to jump to conclusions.

Hey have an abortion or don't, that's up to you. I don't think half of all teen age mothers have a clue as to what they are getting themselves into.. (ie. My statement on how she bairly understands how to drive.) i'm sure all the teen moms do a fab. Job and way to stick it out, but you had a choice. Weather you choose abortion or birth, neither is more admirable than the other.

Best,
jesse
|

replied February 10th, 2004
Libby I think thats great that you are raising 2 kids. Are you a single mom? I feel the same way you do about abortions. I think every child should have the chance to have a life. There are people like me and my husband that have been tring to have kids for 4 years and still have no luck and there are people spending there legs and getting preagant and killing it. I think it's wrong. This is what I think if you don't want a child don't open your legs with out some kind of birth control!!!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Princess-u r so right.Its terrible that people like u desperately want children and then there are stupid girls aborting babies like theyre pieces of trash.I wish u all the luck in the world in ttc
liz x
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Abortions
I am not saying abortion is right or wrong but some of these babies are born from alchoholic or drug addicted parents? Have you ever saw a baby go thru detox, with most of the babies not making it or see a baby born with a lot of the insides missing? I do not like to judge, my feelings are that it is between the Dr. And the parents of the baby or fetus. Abortion to me is like discussing politics or religion, they should not be discussed!
The only thing I get tired of as a tax payer is these people going out having a baby or two just to get in the system so people like myself and others has to support them!

Sincerely,
sandy
|

replied February 11th, 2004
Thank you liz I need all the luck I can get. And sandy I agree with you about ppl haveing kids just to get in the system. B/c i'm a tax payier also and I hate have to sopport some one else's kids b/c thats what we are doing
|

replied February 22nd, 2004
Please tell me a contraception that is 100% effecive cos that would be great. Before you go telling people to stop having sex, consider the amount of times people have fallen pregnant that did use contraception! I was on the pill, and look where that got me.
|

replied February 23rd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Okay people....She was saying her veiws on abortion....Why do, someone who wont be named..But maybe you can guess who you are, always have a heartless..Stupid comeback?

Im against abortion....Im 16 and have a 6 day old baby.

Hmm I wonder who has something to say about that.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
??????
Who the heck are you talking about? She said, she said. Please do not point your finger at me, I am not judging you or anyone, it's your choice i'm just saying if you want them then don't let society pick up the tab for the children, and I have my reasons to say this and it is just my opinion and this is my right. Their are a lot of people out there that want to adopt and can afford to support children. I am just tired of these free-loaders!
Always,
sandy
|

Extremely eHealthy
No no..Not you...Everyone is fighting with jesse. I'm sure she could have figured that on her own and would have said something about it. She's smart.

I'm just so tired of everyone bashing everyone for their oppinions.
Jesse has her oppinions.And im not sitting here saying...No your wrong b*tch cause thats not what I believe in...

Does anyone get my point.
|

replied February 24th, 2004
Experienced User
Yes, I get your point.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur