How come my "ask the doctor" questions won't go through? I tried twice and both have errors!?

Here is my question as maybe the doc will see it here or anyone else with information could answer.

I wasn't sure where to post this question but it seemed like the stress and anxiety topic could pertain. Maybe?

My dad has anklosing spondylitis, hypothyroidsim,pernicious anemia and is controlling high blood pressure. He is 72 and pretty active yet. My mom is healthy, is 73 and pretty active also.

My oldest brother died at the age of 48 due to a toxic reaction to medication after heart valve surgery. He had diabetes since he was 13 and a couple of years ago found out he had hypothyroidism. Another brother found out he had a brain tumor at the age of 31 and died from it at 37. Another brother is healthy. I have breast fybroids, ibs and hyperthyroidism that is reducing to possibly hypothyroidism. Another brother has diabetes that he got at the age of 12 and had a kidney transplant 17 years ago and just found out that he has post transplant lymphoma. A month ago he was 148 lbs and he is down to 126 and can't take chemo until he gets a little healthier. My sister has lupus, hypothyroidism, rheumetoid arthritis and all other things that lupus does. My youngest brother (42 yrs old) has anklosing spondylitis and thinks he has had it since high school.

So you can see where the stress and anxiety column is maybe the most appropriate and this is just medical stuff. I lost my first husband 17 years ago and lost 2 neices (10 and 11 yrs old) about 16 years ago. With this latest news of my brother's cancer I am losing my zip. Thankfully I have 3 "knock on wood" healthy kids.

Question: is there such a thing as the "27th gene" or the "27 b gene" or the "b gene" that cause all of the auto immune diseases? Is my dad or my mom the carrier? I heard a long time ago about my dad having a certain gene that resulted in most of this.

Does anyone have any idea? Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 24th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Yes, these disorders are associated with
HLA B 27 gene mutation. There is no gene targeted therapy yet.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.