Hi.I've posted on here this will be my 3rd time and what i'm going to mention in here I didn't mention in my other posts but.I feel...Depressed?
I did some research sort stuff on it and there was 7 symptoms listed and out of those 7 I had 5.I struggled with a eatting disorder and tried to handle it on my own and it well it worked because it wasn't full blown yet.
I didn't like how much I weighed or how I looked on the outside and I still don't.I wasn't eatting and if I did eat it wasn't much or i'd gag myself until I puked when my parents said I had to eat something but then I wasn't able to sleep and kept having these nightmares where I wound be standing on a scale and it would say like 10 pounds.That sounds funny or crazy but for me it was scairy.Or i'd have dreams where I was in a hospital just barely on the edge of 60 lbs. Or I even had this dream and couple of times where I attended my own funeral cause I had heart failure.I hated myself for puking my food up or not eatting but I also didn't like how I look(ed) and so I would cut myself.I still cut myself. I went without the eatting problem for like...6 or 7 months but I still don't like the way I look and now usually looking at food makes me feel like i'm gonna throw-up or if I eat like a full meal which for me is alot I puke.
I want to be skinnier and not be like this.Everyone around me says I am a skinny mini and stuff but I personally don't think I am.I'm 13 and as of right now I weigh 84 lbs.I just...Dunno what to do!Help!

-danielle
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 24th, 2006
Experienced User
Sweetie, starving yourself isn't going to do any good for you. After starving yourself for so long your body is going to get used to it & you aren't going to loose any weight anyways. The best way to loose weight is to excersize, eat healthy & stay away from junk food. You're only 13 & only weight 84 pounds, i'm sure you're not that healthy. Go out & do things with your friends, you have school, don't worry about what you look like or how much you weigh. Everyone is beautiful no matter what they look like. Trust me, i've never really liked my weight, but I try to loose it the healthy way. I excersize every single day & try to eat very healthy. That's the way to do it. Get involved in a sport, that helps you loose weight. If you need someone to talk to you can pm me. <3
|

replied February 22nd, 2006
Wanting to be thin is a very common thing
but eating disorders are not the way to go

i can see you really do not want to make yourself puke
but you have no other option...
Or so you think

mainly excersize and healthy eating are the best things to do
i eat liek a pig but still have a good body because I do enough phsycal activity
(not saying you will able to do that because everyone is differant)

alright well
making yourself puke can have a lot of effects
if you do it for long enough it can mess up pretty much your whole body
simply because your body loses all the nutrients before it has time to digest them
aslo your stomach will shrink due to not enough use and eventually you will not be able to hold down food at all

it can mess up the enamil on your teeth making them yellow and horrible
it causes bad breath
it wears down your gums and throat
it !**@! up your period
it messes up your concentration
it causes hair loss
it causes brittle bones
......I could go on for a long time here
but I am going to stop as I think you see my point

i have already sent you an e-mail about the self-harm
and I would really like a reply from you
(there is a section about eating disorders in my guils as well)
i think we need to chta more about your dreams and stuff
this might go a littloe further then depression
but I do not want to worry you

please reply when you can
|

replied February 23rd, 2006
Help With Depression & Eating Disorder
Yes, you need help and it's great that you posted it!

It seems that the puking is a form of self-harm so here is information about a site that might help:

self-injury: you are not the only one

"in spite of the title, there is no shame here. If you cause physical harm to your body in order to deal with overwhelming feelings, know that you have nothing to be ashamed of. It's likely that you're keeping yourself alive and maintaining psychological integrity with the only tool you have right now. It's a crude and ultimately self-destructive tool, but it works; you get relief from the overwhelming pain/fear/anxiety in your life. The prospect of giving it up may be unthinkable, which makes sense; you may not realize that self-harm isn't the only or even best coping method around.

For many people who self-injure, though, there comes a breakthrough moment when they realize that change is possible, that they can escape, that things can be different. They begin to believe that other tools do exist and begin figuring out which of these non-self-destructive ways of coping work for them. This site exists to help you come closer to that moment.

How do you know if you self-injure? It may seem an odd question to some, but a few people aren't sure if what they do is "really" self-injury. Answer these questions:

do you deliberately cause physical harm to yourself to the extent of causing tissue damage (breaking the skin, bruising, leaving marks that last for more than an hour)?
Do you cause this harm to yourself as a way of dealing with unpleasant or overwhelming emotions, thoughts, or situations (including dissociation)?
If your self-harm is not compulsive, do you often think about si even when you're relatively calm and not doing it at the moment?"

try doing a search about "borderline personality disorder" as there is a lot of overlap.
|

replied February 25th, 2006
Go listen to linkin park
|

replied February 27th, 2006
Experienced User
I cant do much to help but I hope u are ok
your story is v touching x
|

Experienced User
When I was off school at a place for mentally ill kids because I had depression I met a 14 yr old girl who destroyed herself thru anorexia and she is so depressed because she cannot have kids because of it

think about the future

if u ever want kids you need to get help anorexia and bolemia arent the answers its a psychological thing

take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
|

Experienced User
When I was off school at a place for mentally ill kids because I had depression I met a 14 yr old girl who destroyed herself thru anorexia and she is so depressed because she cannot have kids because of it

think about the future

if u ever want kids you need to get help anorexia and bolemia arent the answers its a psychological thing

take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
|

replied March 1st, 2006
Experienced User
I like to live by a little motto I made up: if 3 or more people that know you tell you the same thing, good or bad, it is most definitely true. So if 3 or more people have told me that i'm beautiful-i accept it. If 3 or more people tell me i'm mean-i'll be more nice, get it? So if 3 or more people have told you lately that you are skinny, do you think that they are wasting their breath? Nope. Think about that, maybe it will help.
|

replied March 1st, 2006
Experienced User
U have an eating disorder u must see a doctor do not take this lightly

seriously
these kind of thoughts kill
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....