For the last 10 months to a year now I guess i've experienced an extremely itchy bottom, around the anus.
Dry scaly skin seems to be forming there at times, it sometimes seems worse at night, but sometimes the itch is unbearable, and can be quite awkward at times too.
Theres no bleeding but the area looks very red and irritable..(just as it feels)
this is quite uncomfortable at times.
Im not too keen on having a doctor inspect my arsehole, but it may be the only thing left if this keeps up.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied January 22nd, 2006
Ichty Ring
Hi there, your problem is more common than you think. I have the same problem, and I have been to a doctor, they told me it is dermatitis. When it gets real bad I use a hydrcortisone 1% cream its called derm aid and can be bought over the counter at the chemist. I also put baby oil on the area every day in the shower, it dosen't stop it but it helps to limit the out breaks. As I feel the skin in that area is senitive to the secreations. This could be due to a rich diet. I hope this helps you. If you are still unsure go to the doctor, its worth it. Tanleetris........
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 22nd, 2006
Itchy Bottom
First thing - never be afarid to go to your docs they would have seen hundreds of arses before! Iv been to mine about eight times with a very similar problem - mine also becomes really painfull and feels like me arseholes going to drop out! Iv tried changing my diet and all the usual stuff, but one thing I know works and I know this sounds strange is sunbeds! - basically went I worked in duabi for a couple of months I noticed the problem went quickly - so when I returned to the cooler climent of the northern england it returned and I went on sunbeds and sunas the problem is now undercontrol.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Take antihelminthic like albendazole.
Apply topical mild potent steriods on the affected region.Keep the area shaved and hygienic.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.