Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Gallbladder Disorder And/or Diabetes Issue

I had a portion of my pancreas removed (due to enlarging benign tumor) just over a year ago. Recovery was ups and downs but continued to get better, feel fully recovered. However, I have continued to need a lot of water, urinate frequently, and am extremely unfunctional (feel like my brain just doesn't work, can't focus/concentrate/converse properly) if I dont get enough sleep; also occurs (though more minorly) when I don't eat healthy enough (am generally very healthy) or get enough exercise. Also, for the past 5 months, I get mild to severe yeast infections every month.

Now, within the past week or so, i've been having pain in my upper right quadrant. Not extreme, more achey and extremely annoying--have wanted to put pressure on it, though it doesn't really help. My urine has been very dark for at least the same amount of time, perhaps longer. Had a severe bout of diarrhea for about 12 hours yesterday--a first--and my stomach still seems queezy.

Also been having (for quite a few months) a tenderness that moves around my right ribcage. Sometimes very tender to the touch, sometimes just achey & want to massage it, though it doesn't bring much relief. It moves around my entire rib cage.

In looking into these things, they seem like the could possibly be different things. Gallstones are hereditary in my family & sybling & mother had gallbladders removed in the past year. I recently lost my health insurance (and am the process of trying to get another) so i'm trying to find ways to identify what it is and ways to control them (been trying to get into yoga & perhaps use natural methods, though not quite familiar enough yet).

Any thoughts extremely appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 3rd, 2006
Gallbladder
Hi, I am sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly. From what you are describing, it sounds like your gallbladder is inflamed. I had removed april 12,2006 and I had all the same symptoms. My suggestion to you is to cutt of all fatty foods. Stick w/ oatmeal w/ light honey for sweetness, brown rice cooked in fat free chicken broth, steamed veggies, baked sweet potatoes, regular potatoes,(no butter, sour cream, mayo) stay away from red meat. If you are very strict with diet,you can mange it. Do you have stones? I did, one became blocked and I was unble to eat anything with ou severe pain even the good stuff. I found the web site w/ some great recipes. I hope it helps. Good luck!

Http://homecooking.About.Com/gi/dynamic/of fsite.Htm?Zi=1/xj&sdn=homecooking&zu=http% 3a%2f%2fwww.Rahul.Net%2fcgi-bin%2ffatfree% 2frecipes.Cgi

|

replied May 3rd, 2006
Fat Free Recipe Link
I hope this helps. Stay away from nuts, avocado, bananas,apples and coconut. They are high in fat and will cause discomfort.

Fatfreevegan.Com/crockpot/crockpot.shtml
|
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....