Okay, i'm jennies lil sister,....But either way
i've been going out with my bf for like over 2 years and I love him to death! But lately i've been talking to his best friend who just moved back to canada and lives near me. He has a gf too....But we kindda both have a thing for eachother and its so weird. Like I want to persue it but I also want to stay with my bf..But I don't want to cheat. I just feel so comfortable opening up to him about stuff I never talk to my bf about....Am I a horrible person for this?? Is there any way to stop these feelings?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 20th, 2006
Experienced User
First off you not a horribly person for having feelings for someone. And sorry but the only way I now to stop feelings is there isn't. Sorry I can't help.
|

replied January 31st, 2006
Experienced User
Proof Yrself Right Or Wrong!
U need to proof to yrself why dis guy is better, closer to u dan yr b/f. If u produce reasons why he is better and attracts u better then u might begin thinkin if u may move on or not.

Where u will find lasting happiness is d priority here, I think. Take yr time. Don't hurt emotions unduly only to realise u didn't need it.

Be careful. Lastly, u r not horrible!
|

You have to figure out what you really want. If you are having feelings for another guy, then you obviously don't love your boyfriend. Maybe you should have a talk with your boyfriend about what you have together. Maybe he is losing interest the same as you are. Maybe a break would be good for you. I'm assuming you're young. And if so, you have plenty of time to figure out what you really want out of life. If you do take a break with your boyfriend I suggest you make "rules", such as if you date other people then it should be limited to no kissing or something like that. Just to see if your feelings for your boyfriend are true.
|

Extremely eHealthy
It is perfectly normal to make a great bond with the b/f best friend. And romantic feelings are usually right close to the top--in situations like this, and of course they are the listeners, and you can talk to them more easily--always is that way. It is always that way. Or unless you hate the best friend. It is either love all the way---or hate all the way. That is just how it is!!!! It is so normal to form this bond. Now if bestfriend had a wonderful girlfriend you all would balance each other out. He(b/f) could go to her, and you could go to him(best friend). Unspoken love, unspoken bond, unspoken rule!

Now, you have to ask yourself if it is just a comfortable situation because there is no committment, or if the feelings are stronger than for the b/f. And remember it may go completely the opposite, when the b/f is outta the picture. It depends on his committment to his friend. Sometimes they may even have the same feelings as you--but will not persue it due to the loyalty they have for their friend.

And it may just be that normal bond that we build with those close to us, and close to those who love, who we love. Maybe your affection for him is because of the way you feel about your b/f.????

I hope I have given you something to think about. Good luck in the decisions you may make.
|
Quick Reply