Hi my sister is 13 weeks pregnant. About 2 weeks ago, she thinks she may have been food poisoned by eating macoroni salad which contained mayonnaise and was left out on the counter over night. Can this be harmful for her baby.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 20th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I had food poisining with my frist child it was a scary expierence I though I was loosing her only to find out I had food poisoning, I had eatten a chicken shawarma but the chicken hadnt been cooked well.

As for it being harmful its quite possible, I honestly would tell your sister to get checked by a dr, besides that if she is feeling better now I wouldnt worry too much just see a dr for your frame of mind

jess
|

replied January 20th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
I havent herd of anything happening to the baby after getting food poison. I think u just throw up alot. Tell her to keep well hydrated if she still is sick and to check with her doctor.
|

replied January 22nd, 2006
Experienced User
Just to be safe she should check with her doctor. Better safe than sorry right? :o)
|

replied January 22nd, 2006
Experienced User
I got the stomach flu while pregnant..... Doctors said I was fine and just gave me meds to help me keep everything down.. Not sure if that was in anyway helpful.. But it is a little similiar to food poisoning
|
Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....