Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Gallstones - Which Food Are Safe to Eat ?

I have an ultra-sound tomorrow afternoon to see if I indeed have gallstones. I had my first attack when I was 8 months pregnant, it was pretty scary considering we thought something was wrong with the baby.
My son is now 5 weeks old and I have had 5 other attacks...Having 3 in a period of 2 days.

I went to the walk-in clinic last night and they prescribed me demerol and midol to take if I get another attack. The doctor at the clinic told me to stay away from certain foods, and the only food she mentioned for me to eat was chicken.

Does anyone has a list of food other then chicken that is safe to eat, and that would more then likely not cause an attack? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.
First Helper sfrench
|

replied January 20th, 2006
Stay away from food with a lot of fats & oils. I could not eat any fast food. No salad dressing or mayo. Before I had surgery about the only thing I could eat & not have an attack was skinless chicken, soup, breads, plain salads, cereals, etc.

Take care
|

replied October 25th, 2010
help with diet
what milk am i able to have with cereal while i have a gallstone attack

any help would be good

thanks
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....