Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Very Scared, Thoughts of Death

Hi was wondering if someone could explain what is happening to me. All throughout the day its like someone is pressing a button on and off. When the button is pressed it only lasts a few seconds but those few seconds are hell. Its like this forboding fear of death comes over me and everything seems so bleak and I get the urge to hurt myself. Can someone tell me why this is happening and what it is.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 17th, 2006
Urgent!!!!!!! Must Read!!!!!!
:!: please, listen carefully; :!: its the internet I know, but people in the world do care. I had a freind that had a similar problem, she is a lesbian with bipolar, schitszophrania, a.D.D., depression, multipal personality disorder and a few other things I cant remember off hand without asking. It could be one of these things, keep in mind that going to a sphyciatric doctor can help to identify this better and there is no shame in this, it ok and normal for people to do so if they need to and is just the same as seeing a medical doctor for the flue. Theres hope and you can do it. I am sure you arent a lesbian, I am sure tho just like that person you are a good person and I hope you dont take offence to that, I mean no offence. If any thing there is a small list of verry reasonable possabilitys above, best wishes and good luck.
|

replied January 19th, 2006
Feeling the Same
I wish I could help you out because I am feeling very much the same.
I am so scared of what is going on. The best thing is to see a doctor. How long have you been feeling this way?
|

User Profile
replied January 19th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Hi there! I agree, you you either need to see your dr or a dr of psychiatry, their are people around you that care about you, whether you believe so or not, you do not want to hurt them by hurting yourself. Even though my situation is different and I too have too have thought about ending it because I live in pain 24/7 I know that I would be hurting others that would be hurting others that really really care about me and that would be selfish of me, do I must go on and hope that today and tomorrow will be better.
Good luck to you!
Keep us posted.
|

replied January 24th, 2006
Been There
Please see your doctor...I too have episodes like that..Some are so strong but i'm still here!! I have to tell you..That I have great days too! One time it was so bad that I had to go downstairs and rip up my canvasses I had painted..The 2 big ones which really bum me out...Not because they were great paintings....But that I can't afford to go out and buy new ones..I bought those used and just gesso'd over them. Now I have to wait until I can afford to buy used ones again and wait until I get a car to go looking for them since I don't have one and my husband works crazy hours....Blah blah...But I would have rather done that then do that to myself...Those are replaceable but I am not and I am unique as that one snowflake..Fingerprint....Leaf...Dna and proud of it...And this is not a good day for me so you see...It's possible....Go to your doctor...
|

replied January 8th, 2010
scared
Hi I have a terminal illness and have recentlly been told I have no further treatment options, I am so scared of dying,I have no family and not many friends. what do you do.I cant even run away, but the feeling is awfull .

Calvin
|

replied January 8th, 2010
Active User, very eHealthy
Yeah, death sucks, so does life. A whole bunch of pain with fleeting moments of pleasure.

So heres an idea, lets all have fifty billion children. It will be great.
|

replied January 10th, 2010
I'm the opposite of fearing death.
I want it to come.
I feel so down all the time then when the light inside me switches on for a few seconds I see what I'm missing but when I try to boost myself up a little bit I am unable to for some reason and I feel totally worthless because of it.
I recommend you go to see a doctor though, it'll do you good.
|

replied January 11th, 2010
Firefly-

I'm sorry you are going through this. It is a very scary feeling to go through but I'm glad you feel scared because it means you don't want this to happen. Have you ever been prescribed any antidepressants? Have you changed any type of medications lately? Sometimes these feelings can come on because of hormones and imbalances. It can be brought on by substances, lack of sleep, changes in chemistry of our bodies, or an event that caused sadness. There are many different causes to why you might be feeling this way. Have you had a history of feeling like this in the past? If so, did it pass? I have been on anti-anxiety medications in the past (Ativan)and when I was weaning myself off of it I had bursts of these feelings like I was going to die and all I thought about was death death death. I figured out something with this though. I thought ok why didn't I think like this only a couple of days ago? Why have I never felt like this before? I thought...it's obviously the medication I am coming off of. Anyway, the medication was releasing serious amounts of anxiety that had been supressed by the medication. I knew then that it had it's own "compartment" in the brain (serotonin) that "makes" me feel this way and "think" this way when it's off and it had NOTHING to do with how I really should be feeling. I hope this makes sense to you. Since I have been off the medication I have YET to ever feel that way again. There are times I feel sad and I can't understand why and most of the time if I calculate right it's around the time of my period and again hormones are off. It's very accurate for me and I hope maybe this can shed some light on to you. Good luck.
|

replied November 8th, 2010
i have bipolar,and have a very real fear of dieing and when the thoughts come into my head i am very scard,and carnt stop the thoughts and even tried putting my head in sink of cold water to try and lose the feelings,i have had since a child,and nobody i know has the same feelings,if anyone who has bipolar and same thoughts of dieing and would like to talk maybe help each other,i tried everything else!
|

replied June 20th, 2011
just trust in jesus and he will be their for you at all times,try talking to a preist about this and follow wat he says and you will feel a light in you

hope it helped
|

User Profile
replied June 20th, 2011
Stay calm and go see a PSYCHIATRIST now if you haven’t already.
I am BPD Type I with rapid cycling and mixed states. If you are unfamiliar with rapid cycling it is when go back and forth between depression and mania. The episodes can be yearly, monthly, daily or in my case hourly. This could explain your on and off feeling. NOTE: this only my opinion – go see a GOOD PSYCHIATRIST.

Please get help before you do hurt yourself or worse end your life. I too have had very serious thoughts about ending it all. Help it out there, find it.

If you do have BPD get a good book about it and read, and then find another book and read. Get a book for your loves so they know how to help you. This may be the most important. Oh yea, find a good PSYCHIATRIST.

YOU CANNOT DO THIS ON YOUR OWN – GET HELP NOW. I AM ALIVE BECAUSE I DID.

GOOD LUCK AND HOPE TO HEAR FROM IN THIS FORUM AGAIN.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...