I recently bought a lot of vitamins, but I am wondering if taking the suggested use of an excessive amount of different vitamins is bad. Right now I am taking a multivitamin, vitamin c, stress formula, lysine, fish oil, and spirulina. I have chromium picolinate but I am skepticle. Should throw back a handful of these vitamins?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 16th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
In the short, absolutly not!!!!!

Don't take anything other than a normal multivitamin (one a day or centrum) you need to take the stuff that you bought and bring them to your family doctor and ask them which if any you should be taking.

If you eat food, you probably dont even need a multivitamin.

Heaven forbid you are taking real medications, those things mixed with mega dose junk can really hurt you.
|

replied February 26th, 2006
Try these as they are derived from food and have no chemicals, I have taken them for a month and can really notice results the others didnt offer
|

replied March 25th, 2006
Experienced User
They all sound fine...However the lysine causes concern because it's one of many needed amino acids. Instead of having one kind of amino acids(building blocks of the body), why don't you try a balanced amino acid capsule? The one I use has in addition to approx 12 amino acids, vit c, b6 and the chromium. :)
|

replied August 22nd, 2006
Chromium Picolinate
Chromium picolinate nutritional supplement is a combination of the element chromium and picolinic acid chromium is an essential trace mineral found in various food.

Edit
|
Quick Reply