Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stroke Forum

Nerve Palsy/heachaces Resulting From Subarachnoid Hemorrhage

Hi

about 5 years ago I had subarachnoid hemorrhage (sa). Since then, I have had terrible headaches, starting from my neck it seems, onto my face. I have consulted a nuerologist, and he is not really on the sa path, since the er didnt' give official diagnosis, but looking back now its obvious is was sa. He is stumped at this point, but I believe we are lacking the sa key, since I did not get official diagnosis.

Has anyone else experienced headaches resulting from sa, or damage to cranial nerves, or anything else related to this topic who can comment? Or heard of any treatment methods for someting as such ?

Thanks, any comments much appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 15th, 2008
Doctor
Subarachnoid hemorrhage
Subarachnoid hemorrhage is a serious, life threatening condition that has to be confirmed or excluded if assumed. CT/MRI-scan, lumbar puncture and cerebral arteriography are used to prove the condition and locate the source of bleeding. You can't say that some medical event was subarachnoid hemorrhage according only to the headache that have remained after the event!
Can you tell me what diagnostic procedures were made during your hospitalization in the ER and what were the results?
|

replied April 16th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Generally a subarachnoid hemorrhage will result in surgery. The blood that results from the hemorrhage will irritate the brain tissue and the source of the bleed needs to be found and treated.

Some people can have residual headaches post bleed. I would have you consult with your neurosurgeon but it appears you have not had any surgery related to this. Are you sure you had a subarachnoid hemorrhage? This type of condition results in hospitalization and surgery.

If your pain is related to a past subarachnoid hemorrhage you need to see a neurologist.
|

replied November 14th, 2009
Seisure after SAH concerned wife
my husband suffered an SAH Dec. 5, 2008. He is doing very well physically but has a lot of cognitive issues. Anyway,last night he had a seizure. I don't know if this is serious. He is scheduled for his MRI/MRA on Monday. Should I call his Neurosurgeon before that?
|
Must Read
What happens during a stroke? What increases your chances of having a stroke? Stroke basics and info on the two types of stroke here....
Strokes can happen with virtually no warning signs. Learn the symptoms of stroke so that you can take immediate action in case of emergency....