Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

How Does Zopiclone Compare?

I've always (well, since I graduated college, and I am now a mother of three...) had a trouble with episodiac insomnia and in the course of my life have been through several doctors and even more medication. A friend of mine who's moved to europe has told me about a medicine
called zopiclone . My doctor here hasn't heard of it. Could somebody here tell me:

1. How does zopiclone compare to ambien? I normally take one tablet of ambien.

2. Is zopiclone really not addictive? They claim it isn't, but I had a bad experience with valium in the 80s when I felt like I had to take it every night to sleep for a period and couldn't sleep at all when I didn't. Is this going to happen again?

3. Is there something else better than maybe me or my doctor hasn't heard of? Maybe something new?

Hoping you folks can provide some answers for a sleepless and worried mom...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 30th, 2003
Re: How Does Zopiclone Compare?
I would suggest you to try it. Zopiclone is supposed to be short-acting and non-addictive. I have been using zopiclone for two years. Prior to that, i've tried pretty much every pharmacological solution, and zopiclone appears to very. i've always (well, since I graduated college, and I am now a mother of three...) had a trouble with episodiac insomnia and in the course of my life have been through several doctors and even more medication. A friend of mine who's moved to europe has told me about a medicine
called zopiclone . My doctor here hasn't heard of it. Could somebody here tell me:

1. How does zopiclone compare to ambien? I normally take one tablet of ambien.

2. Is zopiclone really not addictive? They claim it isn't, but I had a bad experience with valium in the 80s when I felt like I had to take it every night to sleep for a period and couldn't sleep at all when I didn't. Is this going to happen again?

3. Is there something else better than maybe me or my doctor hasn't heard of? Maybe something new?

Hoping you folks can provide some answers for a sleepless and worried mom...[
|

replied January 9th, 2004
Thanks. Mveronah
I ordered some zopiclone . I got them about 4 business days after I put the order. Having used it for about a week, I would say, it tastes horrible, but it works. I can have 7 hours of sleep every night after I take a 7.5mg pill. It is different from the knockout feeling after taking an ambien. It is amazing.
|

replied May 11th, 2010
Information for you, and all.
Ambien is just as or more addictive than Zopiclone (imovane)

All these drugs carry some risk of dependency if you take them for more than a few weeks straight. They are work just like Valium on your brain. So even though they are claimed to be non-addictive, read the printout you get from the pharmacy. It says you can become addicted, have slurred speech, have amnesia, feelings of well being. And this is with both Ambien and Zopiclone and Sonata....they are basicallly Benzodiazepenes like Valium or Ativan they are justa different chemical class. Cyrropyrolones (sp)

Try the zopiclone, do not take it all the time or you will become addicted...just as you would with ambien (zolpidem) or sonata...(zaleplon)..

They are called the ''Z'' drugs.......they are just like benzos.....zopiclone can leave a nasty taste in your mouth which usually goes away with further use......it''s not that bad tho, very minor.
|

replied June 1st, 2010
I've got chronic insomnia which no tablet has had any efectiveness except Temazepam which you can only get for a couple of weeks here in the UK. As such I simply don't sleep realistically anymore than 4 hours over a 3 day period which is a nightmare and has ended up partially responsible for the so called MH condition that I'm currently going through. I got 2 weeks of Zopliclone from the GP a few weeks ago and ended up having a terrible reaction ie: migraine from hell, sickness, nausea and not much sleep in the end. If you are prone to headaches then I would be a bit careful with this drug, in my experience.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Andrijana Shterjovska
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov