Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

What Are the Chances....???

What are the chances or getting pregnant when u take the morning after pill at 76hrs.

My period woz due thursday but it never cam and now its saturday and its still not her.

Ive been feeling rly tired during the day. And ive been getting stomach cramps. And my breasts have been a bit sore.

I took a hpt 4 days b4 I woz due but it came out negative

plz help me

thnx
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 14th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Well your are suppose to take the pill atleast within 72 hours...And the sooner you take it the better it works..So I wouldnt think that pill would have helped...You probably need to go and get a blood test done with your doctor...
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Re: What Are the Chances....???
lil_cutie wrote:
what are the chances or getting pregnant when u take the morning after pill at 76hrs.

My period woz due thursday but it never cam and now its saturday and its still not her.

Ive been feeling rly tired during the day. And ive been getting stomach cramps. And my breasts have been a bit sore.

plz help me

thnx

i took the pill once (only after a couple hours of having sex) and it didn't have any symptoms on me other then on my second dose it made me projectile vomit (haha I was on the bus and had to get off right away). But my friend took it not that long ago and then her period was late and she felt weird, so she went to the clinic to take a preg. Test and the doctor said that it was normal for the pill to screw up your cycle (but i'd take another pregnancy test to be sure about a week or so after your period is due...But keep in mind some women never produce enough of the pregnancy hormone to have a positive hpt test...So if it's still acting weird in a few weeks i'd go get a blood test done to be sure)
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Re: What Are the Chances....???
lil_cutie wrote:
what are the chances or getting pregnant when u take the morning after pill at 76hrs.
emergency contraception is best when taken as soon after unprotected sex as possible. It is most effective within 72 hours after unprotected intercourse. However, it is still effective to about 120 hours after unprotected intercourse. Right after unprotected sex, it is reportedly effective 86% of the time. After 72 hours, it drops to somewhere in the 60% range and at 120 hours it drops far under 50%.

You should still have some protection, though it wouldn't be as good as if you could have taken it immediately after intercourse.

Quote:
my period woz due thursday but it never cam and now its saturday and its still not her.

plz help me

thnx
a test now should be most reliable. If it comes out negative again, relax a bit because stress can effect the timing of our cycle. When we're stressing about our late periods we can even start to think that normal bodily aches, pains, or even a cold is a symptom of pregnancy. Most of the time, we're wrong. Take a test now since you've missed your period and if it's negative and you're still not at ease, schedule an appointment with your doctor or at a clinic.
Peace,
jenn
|

replied January 17th, 2006
Experienced User
Your period may come late because you took the morning-after pill, but since you're having pregnancy symptoms, i'd re-test as soon as you can. The test probably couldn't pick up enough hcp levels 4 days before your period was due, but it should be able to now. Good luck.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...