Apparently i've been having my hair thinning since I was in grade 7, I am now in grade first year university and the thinning it seems reallly bad, you can see my scalp and my hair is very thin. I've been to the doctors and did a bloodtest and the docotor said he would notify me if there was anything wrong, he did not make contact with me so I assume that everythign is normal. Im 18 now and it still looks just as bad I dont know if its worsening or not, but its really noticeable the space between the hairs are like maybe 2mm apart or something close to that. I dont think its normal and I dont think its hereditary eitehr since everyone in my family still has a full head of hair except for one uncle who perms his hair alot, or wahts left of it anyway. I dont think its nomral to be losing hair beginning from such an early age and i'd really like some suggestions as to what I should do. My scalp is also very oily, I need to take two showers a day just to keep it normal. I tak ea shower lets say at 7, next morning at 7am you can see the oil and the greasy hair. I think it takes approximately 4 horus before it starts becoming oily, but yea it gets really oily really quickly , could this be a problem?

So far i've tried rogain and the hair that grows is very tiny and thin and now im trying chinese herbs because it was referred to me by a friend of my mom's. I dont know if its it working, but ive been taking these herbs for about 2 weeks and should I be seeing results already? Or should it take a while longer? And what other things is there that I can do to help deal with this...Its really got me stressed out, been self conscious of it ever since one girl said " you are balding" in grade 7

oh and the hair that falls out, it sometimes look like its been cut off right at the root and other times teh bulb of the hair comes out... Its really weird. Oh oh is it possible to lose hair by being stressed about losing hair?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 15th, 2006
Where are you balding at?

Some guys start balding very young and some later on in life.

Alot of it is hereditary.......I've heard it comes from the moms side and sometimes it skips generations but I dont know if this is true or not

they say once you start losing your hair - get on rogaine and either fanasteride or propecia (think their the same). Rogaine is for the crown area and receding hairline is one of the other 2. Once you start, you have to take it for the rest of your life, because once you stop you lose the hair you grew back. I heard propecia or fanasteride really really mess with your sex drive aka libido. If I was to lose my hair, i'd say !**@! it and shave it all off that way you aint gotta worry about taking crap to keep what you have left

change your shampoo........Get over the counter nizarol (spell check?) in 1% (2% from canada). The shampoo has a chemical that combats dht which is the cause for male pattern baldness. With this shampoo, you'll keep what you have left and sometimes grow some back. Also take some saw palmetto which also combats dht. Use it 2-3 times a week and follow up with a tea tree oil good conditioner. Bodybuilders use this to keep their hair while on the juice.

Im not balding at all..........I just read and read on it
|

replied February 5th, 2006
Well its all on the top and the sides are really thin too, its hard for me to tell whether the top or the sides have more hair since there is less surface area on the sides.

So genetics can cause hair loss at the age of 13? Because my hair gets really oily as well and I thought that might be a cause to thinning hair, since bases are still corrosive
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Yes balding ccan be hereditary. Do you wear a hat a lot or are you stressed a lot those are other reasons that cause balding. But remember bald men are beautiful!
Good luck to you and quit worrying!
|

Okay is it possible to be losing hair because you are stressed about losing hair? When I was 13 I had the split hair style and this girl said I was balding.. Though I never thought of it before. And from that point on I kept worrying about it....Is that a possiblity?

If it is hereditary and no one in my family is balding except for maybe like 2 people and it apparently started at age 13 for me is that possible for genetics?
|

replied February 10th, 2006
Me Too
Hey. Im 18 and for the last two years ive been seeing it. I kept my hair short so I really didnt notice till I started growing my hair long.I wear a hat now any time I leave the house. Which is probaly the stupidest thing I can do but its ebaressing. Ive been looking into what I should take and what not and im about ready to do something because its really bad now. So my point in replying is your not alone. I probaly am going to buzz my head and hope for the best. If it looks like crap il keep on with my hat. Overall though any girlfriend ive had really didnt care to much. I just wish it could have started like 5 years from now. That would have been cool. Since it didnt I am willing to accpet it and accept that its who am. So dont worry my friend. Just try to remember everyone is diffrent. And if someone doesnt like you because of it then they arent worth knowing in the first place.

My advice would be to go to a dermatologist. Until then keep using whatever your using as long as its not causeing more problems.

Good luck
|

Thx for the comment and advice, I have one question though, is it possible to stress over hair loss which in turn induces hair loss due to this stress? Up until the age of 13, I never noticed it and neither did anyone else. Then when one girl made a comment about me having a split line down the top of my head due to my hairstyle, I started worrying then.
|

`
Well, who knows really. The mind can do some crazy stuff. So even though this sounds dumb. Everytime you think your stressing about it. Just find away to reverse your thinking and think my hair will grow back. Ya know. Your using stuff to help it so believe in it. And maybe it will work. If you can convice your self of that then the stress of it will go away and a little progress like you said the small hairs regrowing from rogaine. That proves that something postative is happening. Most likely no stressing didnt cause it. But try not to stress about it now. And find some way of accpeting it into your life so you dont stress about it anymore. Maybe in 5 years we will be able to go to the doctors and they point a laser at our heads and we will grow our hair right back. But until then wutever. Just be positive. Hope that helps.
|

replied May 18th, 2006
Nizoral And Dht
Someone in this thread was talking about tea tree oil. Was that as a massage for the scalp. And has anyone here had any success with nizoral shampoo??

* edited by moderator * ~ ***please, no links to other health boards ***
|

replied January 12th, 2007
Same Problem
Hi,

i wanted to say I know how hard it is to go through this. You are not the only one. I have been through the same period. I started losing hair when I was 17, and now I am 22. Mental depression, dissatisfaction with everything. You name it...

Just wanted to tell you how I have been able to stop my hair loss and start some growth. I have started using provillus it has changed my life. It is an herbal product and in one month stopped the hair loss and a little after 2 months I started to see the hair growth.

*edited by admin* ~ **** do not adverstise ***

joshua
|
Must Read
Hair loss affects more than half of the population by age 60. Start here for basic info on hair loss and types of hair loss that doctors can diagnose....
What causes hair loss? Read on for a complete list of possible causes so that you can evaluate and identify hair loss causes....
Do you know the early signs of hair loss? And when does hair loss require medical attention? Get better results for treating hair loss by identifying it early....