Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Can't Figure Out Good Bc Method pills , ring , shot , patch

I am 21 yrs old and I use to be on the pill but I kept having problems remembering to take the pill on time so I went off of it and just went to condoms.

Recently I have become interested on getting back on a method of bc that is more effective. I set up an appointment with my doctor, I have been researching all the different methods out there but can't seem to find one without a problem.

I cant do the pill because I just forget to easily.

The shot seems to have problems with bone and weight gain. (i already weigh a lot, I don't think 5-10lbs would be much but I have found a lot of people gain about 20-40lbs)

the ring seems to be the best method but I cant even use tampons so how am I going to be able to insert a ring?

The patch seems to be the best method so far but I read a lot of reports about blood clots and other health issues.

Anybody got any ideas? Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 12th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Have you considered the possibilty of an iud? An intrauterine device is inserted into your uterus by a doctor, (paragard) is hormone free, and lasts for 10 years. I have one and love it! Most regular docs are scared to insert them on women who have never been pregnant, but planned parenthood will do them for anyone.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...