Medical Questions > Parenting > Newborn Babies Forum

Travel With 3 Months Old Infant By Airplane

My husband and I are going to ca in feb, by the time our baby girl will be 3 months old, thsi is our first time take infant on the airplane please provide me any tips that might make the airplane trip easy and smooth for my baby daughter. Help please! :idea:
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 17th, 2006
Community Volunteer
Pm sunshine424. Her name is jamie and she travels a lot with her son. She'll have some tips for u!
|

replied January 25th, 2007
Experienced User
I Travel With My Son At 6 Weeks And At 3 Months Old
The hardest thing for me was not the plane it was the different security checks. Just make sure you have everything organized. Ds did well on the plane I breastfed him when the plane took off and when it landed so that his ears wouldn't pop
|

replied September 22nd, 2008
travel with babies
I took a trip to the Caribbean island of Dominican Republic and booked a villa for a family vacation back in `07, had a lot of troubles buying baby gear because I didn`t bring any and expected the place I rented to have something in stock....they didn`t. Out of a thousand villa rental places the only one that caters to babies is called Golden Key Management in Sosua. They got special baby gear for the villa rental service, quite good. baby
|

User Profile
replied September 23rd, 2008
Community Volunteer
You can carry your baby aboard the plane if you don't want to have her in a car seat for the trip or haven't bought a ticket for her. Bring your own car seat and send it through with the baggage. It's the only way to ensure that you are going to use a safe car seat for the trip. You can either remove the cover, send it through in the original box, or you can buy a carrier cover that will protect it from damage. Hold her on your lap for takeoff and landing, and be sure to either nurse or bottle feed while this is going on.

If the baby has a cold, it's best not to take her because the excess fluids will either make her very much in pain or give her permanent damage. Just be sure to get the OK from your doctor or pediatrician before your flight.

Remember that you can't be too prepared. Bring a tote with plenty of diapers and wipes, a couple changes of clothes and blankets. You never know when she will get a soiled diaper that leaks, spits up significantly to ruin her clothes...and maybe even yours.

If you have her in a sling, you will not be able to keep her in it for the flight.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
|
Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....