I have been taken adderall for 5 years now at 90mg a day..New years day I quit and I have been going through hell ever since.I have constant thoughts of suicide..It seems anything is better than this pain.. I am 50 years old and I am without any energy at all.I want my energy back but I know that I will die if I do..I know that I am bi polar and adhd but with that I am also a very addictive personality..Any suggestions? If I go to my psychiatrist she'll just put me back on again and I don't want to anymore.. I want peace..Sleep.. And the ability to put thoughts and actions back together again.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 28th, 2006
90 Mg
Wow you were taking 90 mg a day for 5 years? That seems like a very high dosage, the average adult dosage is around 60 mg and that seems fairly high to me. Well as you may know adderall contain amphetamines which are highly addictive so the severe depression and thoughts of suicide can be directly related to the acute withdrawal from the substance. It is very common to have bouts of depression after halting the use of such an addictive drug. I support your decision in trying to remove your-self from such a harsh stimulant. One question though what made you choose to stop taking the medication?

Hope this can help,
kword
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about mental disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a mental health condition. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for mental conditions....