Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

Messed Up Bc, Possibly Pregnant???

Hi everyone. I have been on bc for a few years now. The past few months (sept, oct, and nov), I have messed up on taking my bc pills. Each month I got them about 2 weeks late. I did double up for a little while but didnt take the last few pills. My last period was 3rd week in nov '05. Dont remember an exact date. Got pills for nov 2 weeks late, didnt finish taking them. No period yet and havent taken any pills since nov. Had intercourse once prob the second week in dec. Not sure of dates b/c I wasnt concerned too much. Jan 10 here. Still no period. Took a test a few days ago but it was right after we got back from eating at a restaurant and I had drank a big glass of pepsi. Also was about 8pm in the evening. Negative. Having cramps like going to start period but nothing. Keep thinking it has happened and go to the bathroom but nothing. Been very tired, cramps, backache and a couple of days of nausea. Not sure if it is possible but for years now my weight has been steady at 118 and I have gained 3 lbs. Now at 121. I am just unsure of my chances of being pg b/c I only had intercourse once. Also not sure if cycle is messed up from bc pills. However thought maybe there would at least be some breakthrough bleeding or spotting. Nothing. Anyone have similar stories or advice??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 10th, 2006
Experienced User
Hmm, it's hard to tell since your test came back negative. But with the way you were taking your pills, it's pretty likely you could be pregnant. My best friend has a beautiful 3 month old son, but he was the result of her messing up on her birth control pills. She messed up on just one week of her pills and got pregnant. Since it's been a few months since you've taken the pills like you're supposed to, you might be pregnant.

Another possibility is that your body's cycle has become irregular due to the fact that you haven't taken the pills on a regular basis.

If I was in your shoes, I would take another pregnancy test. If that comes out negative, I would call your doctor and explain your situation to him/her.
|

replied January 10th, 2006
Thanks for responding. It's prob just all in my head. Wasnt sure how long my cycle would take to get back to normal after really messing up my pills. Also wasnt sure of my chances b/c I only had intercourse once. Also, b/c of the time that I took the hpt.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...