Hello,
i am feeling kind of afraid right now and need some opinions.
I suffer from anxiety/panic attacks and depression too.
My father died unexpectedly when I was just 14. I am now 26. I was traumatized by this badly. I never really dealt with it either.
I started getting anxiety attacks in high school and they went away for a bit and returned when I had been graduated for about 2 years.
I am now in a relationship for the last 9 years with a man and we have a 5 year old daughter together. He has become addicted to drugs and seems to have some issues with hallucinations too. I know this relationship is bad for me and intensifies my anxiety, but I have become co-dependent on him and I feel afraid without him.
Lately I have been feeling kind of out of touch with the world and feeling like I am in a dream or outside of my body. With these feelings I get bad anxiety and start to fear I am going crazy and that I may be getting really mentally sick. I can be shopping in the store with my mom and if I can't find her, I get scared I never even went to the store with her and that maybe I am just crazy. I know in my heart that isn't the case when I am thinking it, but I can't stop the thoughts once they start. Could it be paranoia and maybe ocd? I get so caught up in these thoughts that I am losing it that I can't calm myself enough to get back to reality! I just recently started dealing with this! My live in boyfriend has gotten much worse and I am constantly tense and feeling nervous. Could that be part of it? Any advice would be great!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 14th, 2006
My Opinion
Hi,

your boyfriend has hallucinations and you have anxiety problems. Why is he having hallucinations?? (schizophrenia or hallucinations from drugs)

i don't know your situation well enough to give you good advice. For now, all I can say is that your daughter is #1. Don't put her in a bad situation.
It's so sad that a lot of adults get so wrapped up in their own lives that the kids are left behind.

Jen
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....