Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

Addiction, Recovery Question (Page 1)

User Profile
I have been taking methadose and oxycotin illeagely for over a year now.
I am now trying to quit. The withdrawls are the worst thing i have ever experienced. So i keep going back to get more. I have no insurance, and i dont have the money to go to the E.R. Is there any way i can ease the pain, so I can get my life back in order. Please help I dont know what to do.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile

User Profile
replied January 12th, 2006
Addiction, Recovery Answer A114
YOU ARE NOT ALONE. You should consider expert help from medical professionals who specialize in drug treatment. There are specialists who can counsel you during your detoxification from narcotics and provide medical assistance during this process. Also, you can call a drug or alcohol helpline to identify treatment centers in your area. Treatment centers medically intake patients for as long as is necessary for you to understand the disease of drug addiction, learn preventative measures to counter the disease, and develop belief that there is life after methadone and oxycotin. Further, you may need the support of your friends, family, and a 12-step support group to fully recover from your addiction. Simply, to recover from addiction, you need a willingness to change your life and the humility to start to take suggestions. To save your life, you can take action now.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about mental disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a mental health condition. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for mental conditions....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Addiction, Recovery , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.