Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lupus Forum

Ladybrannon Update: Health And Faq Information

Hi all! I am once again coming down from a whopping 120mg of prednisone. I am down to 40mg...I already am feeling better, lol! Man, I hate prednisone, you know? :p

to make things worse, I had another (this is my sixth) kidney stone attack in 10 years (i started young). Ouch!

I have been very lucky with illnesses thus far. I did take my flu shot (yeah me!) and, knock on wood, been good so far.

I hope all of you out there took yours...It is so important for you *and* your family members to take it with all the immunosuppressant drugs that we take. Remember that if you are on prednisone, methotrexate, cellcept, cytoxan, etc. That these are immunosuppressants and you need to be careful.

Plaquenil is *not* classified as an immunosuppressant.

Also beware if you are on more than one of the aforementioned drugs! You get double or triple whammied!

I am very close to uploading the first of our faq. I am really interested in some of you guys reading through it for me...Content, grammar, etc. Could I get some volunteers? Pretty please with sugar on top? Smile

i think the faq is going to be awesome. It will help new members immensely. It will also help us to focus specific questions to specific areas for quick reference. We can discuss rudimentary topics and then get more specific as time passes. If someone wants to help me write the rest of the basics...Please! Laughing and no, I am not too proud to beg.

Please, please let me know what you all think. I want to get the first section up by the end of january...Earlier if I have help. It will require use of private e-mails, so keep that in mind. And remember if you are new to the group *or* lupus your input is just as important...What would have helped you in a faq when you first came to the group. Don't be shy...Tell me like it is.

Hugs to all,
ladybrannon
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 24th, 2003
Health And Faq
I'll be happy to check for grammar, etc. I'm an english teacher. Smile
lizbet
|

replied December 24th, 2003
Health And Faq
Yes, I know english is capitalized. Embarassed I tried editing it three times before posting it, but the correction just wouldn't take! Smile
lizbet
|

replied December 27th, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
No fear lizbet...This forum does not handle certain *grammar* things well at all. I look back through my posts and cringe. Yet I know that I capitalized the items when typing.

Thank you so much! I will send you a private e-mail on this site and give you my personal e-mail. Then we'll get started.

Thank you! I think this is going to be great for this forum!

Hugs!
Ladybrannon
|

replied December 29th, 2003
Faq
Hi lady brannon,
i'm just checking to see that you received my reply. I haven't received anything in my private e-mail, so I just wanted to make sure you hadn't sent anything. No rush.
Lizbet
|

replied December 30th, 2003
I got the pm...I had an epilepsy doctor appoinment this morning. The result is decisions (i have to make), tests and more things to worry about. *sigh*

i'll get it to you soon,
ladybrannon

ps- I hope you are well.
|

replied January 28th, 2004
Experienced User
Ladybrannon
I don't know what you need for the faq, but if I can I would like to help. As you can probably tell, I have some free time right now. I'm in a flare right now that does'nt leave me with much energy, but my lap-top can go with me to bed or to lay on the couch when i'm not at work.

It sounds as if you have a lot on your plate right now. Leave me a message when you get a chance.

Mia
|

replied January 29th, 2004
Lady Brannon: Faq Update
Hi lady brannon,
i've assumed that you will wait until after your move before tackling this project, but I wanted to let you know that i'm still willing to help out, too, whenever you're ready.
Lizbet
|

replied February 2nd, 2004
Yes all, I am waiting until after the move (it was moved forward four months). I should be settled by the first of march. Everyone that is willing to help...I will gladly take up their offer! Thanks!

Hugs to all,
ladybrannon
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....