User Profile
For several months I have been having bad right side pain in my rib cage. My ribs even hurt. After I eat the pain starts but it never goes away. I had my gallbladder removed 5yrs ago. I have been running a fever also but I have done this for years with the fever and right side pain but the pain mostly went away when I finally had my gallbladder removed but just here resently it had really started hurting badly. I am at my wits end again. It took them yrs to find out I had fibro and resently I was diagnosed with lupus (more than likely ...drs arent willing to say 100% but say more than likely) and Sjorgens for sure ( I had the test). Any questions about my health I will gladly answer further. I would just like to have an idea to what might be the problem this time. Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 11th, 2006
Appendix, Appendicitis, Gallbladder Disorders Answer A101
Your discomfort could be originating from a number of different localized organs in the thoracic cavity. First, it is possible that a gallstone is currently stacked in the bile duct (ductus choledocus). Also, you could be experiencing a liver diseases, or even chest problems. An ultrasound and ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio-Pancreaticographia) can detect disease of the liver, bile duct, pancreas or other internal organ. An X-ray of chest is also recommended. Blood analyses (blood picture, liver status: AST, ALT, bilirubin, cholesterol) are standard procedures in such cases.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.