Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Urinary Tract Infection During Pregnancy?

Hey
i had a misscariage on christmas day,they said the baby stopped growing at 8 weeks (i was 11/12 at the time) and after everything was finished a nurse came to me and asked if I was getting antibiotics for my infection (3 weeks ago I ended up in a hopistal they said everything was fine) but not knowing about it ..Obviously I didnt take anything.So I had an infection when I was 8 wks,and the baby stopped growing at the same time,could the uti have aused this? Seeing as I was never treated for it and noone told up until now???
Please help!

X
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 4th, 2006
Community Volunteer
I'm really sorry for your loss. My mom miscarried before I was born on x-mas day too. Ouch how do you have a uti and not know? Anyhoo, I don't know if it would have had anything to do with it. I had a uti at 5 months preggo but got treated for it right away. Maybe ask the doc next time, or call back and talk to the nurse. Best of luck.

Also as for the miscarriages I had 2 before having my son so don't worry about it next time you get preggo.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....