Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

So Scared At Night

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I have a history of panic attacks but usually its a health related issue. Well lately my panic attacks have been about someone breaking into my house and harming me or doing some sort of crime to me. Its getting really bad where I can't sleep and I sit and cry. My husband is no help as he tells me all the time we live in a safe town.
I don't know where to turn or how to deal with this fear.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied January 3rd, 2006
Experienced User
You should maybe visit your doctor who could put you in touch with a psychiatrist. My anxiety is about my health and I am waiting to go see a psychiatrist who I hope will hel me work through my fears.

A simple fear and thought can ruin your life and you tend to focus on it all the time. Maybe taking extra security measures and talking to someone will ease your anxiety quite a bit.

Good luck
Did you find this post helpful?

replied July 2nd, 2011
i know exactly what you're going through.. im 15 and have had this problem for as long as i can remember.. sometimes when i'm freaking out at night i will turn on my bedroom light.. talk to my cat about my fears, read a book, go online.. just something to distract me and get my mind off the situation and make me sleepy.. reading usually helps... you should try it and i hope this helps you
Did you find this post helpful?