Im supposed to go to the doctor on jan.6 to get some contraception but
i wanted to know what is the best contraception according to you guys plz help me!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 2nd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Each person reacts differently to birth control, there are many options. It is def best to consult your doc on which is best for you..

But.. It is good to educate yourself beforehand..
Nuva ring is a very low dose of hormones, and you wear it 3 weeks and take it out for 1 week. No worrying about missing pills ect...
I have an iud. But I know many women who are happy with nuva ring
|

What is iud and how does it work
|

Extremely eHealthy
Iud is intrauterine device. They insert a .T. Shaped device up into your uterus. There are currently two on the market, paragard, and mirena.
Mirena is hormonal, and good for 5 years, paragard is non hormonal andgood for 10.
They both work by creating a hostile environment inside of your uterus. They kill sperm, and make your uterine lining inhospitable, so even if an egg is fertilized, it could not implant. You do still ovulate on both iud's.
|

replied January 3rd, 2006
Thanks for the help hmmm but its revesible right? And whats your opinion if a 17 year old girl uses it or what do you think would you best advice to use? From woman to woman
|

replied January 4th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
It is reversible, but I would think nuva ring would be a good choice. Especially with the low hormones and only having to put it in once a month..
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...