As a kid i've only had one type of reaction before and that was to things like pollen/ragweed which included the whole red eyes and runny nose bit. Lately I have had a different reaction (to a perfume I presume), atleast I think its a reaction.. It's happened on several different occasions and I am not sure if I should be worried about it.. Here is what happened.

Symptoms:
- inside of my mouth feels swollen/partially numb, with a metallic taste which stays for a few days.
- my lip gets very dry and crusty (stays again for a few days)
- first day my chest begins to hurt and its harder for me to breath.
- throat dries up and feels like it closes up on me from time to time.

What do you guys think? :|
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 31st, 2005
Experienced User
Oh my. I'm quite allergic to things myself (even hair dye as horrid as that sounds)! The metallic taste that you speak of could very well be an allergic reaction symptom because I do the same. That's one of the signs that I look for *when* I believe i'm having a reaction. Every time that i've gone to the doctor about it though, i've been given prednisone or a corticosteroid shot, or both. It probably wouldn't hurt to be referred to an allergy specialist.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....