Medical Questions > Womens Health > Hysterectomy Forum

Problems Following Hysterectomy

Hello all, it's nice to be part of this forum at last.

I am looking for some help/advice.

Happily married (just 50 yr old)

following a full hysterectomy in may this year, I was immediately prescribed aquisoya and vagifem.

They have not worked for me. My migraines have become more severe and I have developed a weaker bladder. I am unable to take normal hrt due to a leg thrombosis a few years ago.

I have suffered with a severe soreness down below and continued inflamation.
My gp stated that the earlier prescribed medication was obviously not suitable and has now prescribed a vaginal estring.

The side effects as laid down by the information leaflet does not bode well for past thrombosis patients.

Does this sound familiar to any other woman?

Regards,

jo
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 31st, 2005
Community Volunteer
This sounds like you really really need to sit down and talk with your doctor.
S/he is going to be the best person to assess your needs.
However migraines shouldn't be cause by a lack of hormones (too many hormones yes but not lack of).
The wek bladder suggests 2 things either (most common) muscle weakness which can be remedied by doing kegal exercise properly - this can be taught by a physio at your local hospital - note that kegals are worthless unless done correctly.
Or possible bladder prolapse which may or may not require surgury.
Some bladder prolapses can be helped by wearing a prosthesis some severe bladder prolapses require a bladder sling.

Get an appt with your doc/gyn as soon as you can to get these matters checked out and talk to them about your worries with hrt due to your previous thrombosis.
Also remember many years ago plenty of women survived without hrt - do you really need it?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Is ovarian cancer connected with ovarian cysts? What types of ovarian cancer do doctors diagnose? Get the basic facts on ovarian cancer here....
Some women are at higher risk of developing ovarian cancer. Who is in the highest risk group and what can you do to reduce risk of ovarian cancer?...
Ovarian cancer symptoms can be vague or caused by many other conditions. Learn what to look for and know when to seek help for ovarian cancer here....