what days should we have intercourse to increase our chances of
conceiving?
Am I over-paranoid in wondering why i'm not getting pregnant should i
give it more time?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 21st, 2003
Experienced User
I don't think that you are being overly paranoid, but relax. The more stressed out about it that you are, the harder it will be to accomplish your goal. That is just the way life is. I believe that 14 days into your cycle is when you are most fertile, but I could be wrong. A lot of the other girls would not better than I would. So, I am sure one of them will be posting soon to fill you in on that. Good luck. And relax.
|

replied December 28th, 2003
Experienced User
I also am a newlywed, married aug 30th of this year. We also have been trying to conceive. My doctors tells me, from the first day of your period, days 10- 17. At least every other day. Dont stress though. Have fun doing it. I am now 6wks along. I actually took my mothers advice and stood on my head(after ejaculation) I had troubles keeping it inside of me. So I stood on my head. I felt like I was a kid again. And it worked!!
|

replied December 29th, 2003
Nicole,

how long did you stand on your head for... And how long were you trying for... I been trying for 4 months now and nothing...

I am doing my temps and checking my cm every day... But I will try anything now...

Trish
|

Experienced User
Trish,

i have a history of endometriosis which makes it very difficult to conceive. I tried for 2 years or so with my ex fiance without any luck. My husband(now) and I have been trying since august. My uterus is tipped severely backwards. Theoretically I thought standing on my head after sex made sense. I did it for about 2 minutes, then my neck started to hurt. Days 10-17, and try standing on your head!! Laughing good luck and let me know how it goes.
|

Thanks nicole,

i will try I am on day 6 so friday 2th to friday 9th I will try and see what happens...

Trish

i will keep you informed...
Smile
|

Experienced User
Good luck!! :d
|

replied December 30th, 2003
Experienced User
I have been told and also read on several sites that you should have intercourse every other day, so that the sperm has a chance to build up. Go to epregnancy.Com they have an ovulation section and if you put in your information, it tells you when you are most likely to conceive. I've also heard that chaste berry extract helps to boost ovulation. Goodluck!
|

Pregnancy
I too have been trying for 3 months to no avail. I was married in june of this year. I have gone to webmd.Com and charted out my own ovulation calendar. Hopefully it will help.

Good luck to you!
|

Active User, very eHealthy
I am also trying to conceive and I find that laying on my back and then flipping my legs over my head so that absolutely no semen can get out, and that the only way it can go is down to the cervix, is a pretty good way if your body can do it! I also elevate my legs and make sure I don't get up for at least 30mins! If you go to www.Babycenter.Com they have ovulation predictors, fertility charts and tons of great info! Wishing you all the best of luck!
|

replied December 31st, 2003
Experienced User
Stand on your head, im telling you. It cant hurt. Try it!! And make sure you're having sex days 10-17 of your cycle. The first day of your period being day one. Worked for me and I never thought I would conceive with only one ovary(damaged as well), and a servere retroverted uterus. Its fun too!!
|

The problem is...I only see my boyfriend usually 2-3 days on my most fertile days and ovulation because we don't live together......Do you think it's still possible?
|

Experienced User
Anything is possible. It will happen when its right. I firmly believe everything happens for a reason. Anything is possible Wink
|

Tanya of course its possible! Look at vanessa hun! Lol

megan
|

Haha that's what I was thinking megan! Vanessa gets pregnant without having sex and i'm having unprotected sex!
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....