Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Do You Think This Could Be Tmj?

Hello,
a couple weeks before christmas I was having pain in my right jaw. This pain would occur off and on during the day and night. Sometimes pain would be so bad I couldn't sleep. I would take tylenol to help relieve the pain. At first I thought something was wrong with one of my teeth as my teeth upper and lower were also hurting. After about 4 - 5 days the pain subsided and went away. Yesterday it has started all over again. I have the pain from like the middle of my cheek to in front of my ear. My back teeth feel like they also hurt. Especially my upper wisdom tooth. I get this terrible terrible pain that shoots off and on right in front of my ear. If I push on my temple and even under my right eye I feel pain. When I open and shut my mouth I hear like a clicking noise but but not everytime I open and shut my mouth. The pain from this is 100 times worse than when I had an abcess tooth. I have read quite a few posts on here but have not read anything about someone saying that their teeth hurt along with tmj. If this could be tmj do people usually get flair up like this where they come and go? Thanks for reading and if you give a reply thanks for that too. Happy new year everyone.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 29th, 2005
I Forgot to Add Something
Forgot to say my husband says I grind my teeth while sleeping and I know I have woke myself up before gritting my teeth so hard. Thanks
|

replied September 1st, 2012
Just wondering if you have thought about trying a craniosacral therapist? Also some physios specialize in that area and are worth hunting out as i found it helped me issue which is very similar sounding to yours. Good luck
|

replied January 2nd, 2006
Sounds like you could have damage to your 7th cranial nerve. It could be tmj, but there is another thiong that it could be. It is a neuralgia of the face. I would try visiting your local ortho or neuro soon. Ibupropphen takes the swelling down. Is the face hot to touch?
|
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....