Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

Not Sure If Its Normal Acne Or Its Something Else

Hi I have break outs all over my arms and on my thighs they dont look like typical red and white acne just bumps where my hair folicals are and when poped white stuff comes out but not pus like I do have a nervous habit so I pick on it alot and have scars and more apear even under the scars I would really like to have normal looking arms again can any body help me oh and also I have a problem with ingrown hairs on my legs thighs pubic area and under arms that really bother me any help with that to would be apprieciated
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 8th, 2006
Bumps
Try using a loofa when you shower, scrub your skin but not til raw! The hot water and the scrubbing action of the loofa should help to open these ingrown hairs without all the problems you are currently experiencing.

I am not sure about the pubic area tho, it's a difficult place to scrub lol

try using some good body lotion about 1/2 hour before showering to further soften the skin.
|

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These signs and symptoms are consistent with mild acnes . I would suggest you topical clindamycin.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.