Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Complications during Pregnancy Forum

Me And My Mom Are Expecting-should I Not Be Mad

My mom found out she was preganant one month ago, my family says I should not be mad, but I am becasue she should be a grandmother not a mother. She said that she tought she was too old to get preganant, she is 40 . I asked her if she has hit menopause and she said of course not and I was like well then you now if you are not on birth control then you can get preganant. And now she will call me and ask all these questions like this is her first child , and then she is like 13 wks and she is already over weight, and I went to her house and she is like look my stomach is rounding off already, and I was like whatever no its not. The baby and uterus is not even that big, you will not show for along time, so get over it, it irrates me, and she is already refering to it as a boy, I just feel like she got preganant on purpose, and I am so mad at her for it, when I talk to her she tries to talk about it and I dont care to hear about it, am I being mean?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 17th, 2005
Come on please...Cut your mom some slack. She is just exited...And who in the world says you have to be a grandmother at 40. I mean some people are but I know quite a few who aren't. I am 29 years old and I think that you sound jealous. Please don't take offense it is just that you get irratated with her just for being exited. I mean she is pregn! I got exited too all women do that ...The oh look i'm showing and I know its a boy....Come on give her a bit of a break and just think...Soon you'll have a new baby to help with they are so great.
|

replied December 27th, 2005
Experienced User
I think you should be happy that your mom is pregnant, and that you should support her. 40 is still young. I am 40 and planning to have a baby in about a year.

It seems that you want to be the only pregnant one so that you can be the center of attention. If it wasn't your mom, maybe your sister or your best friend could be pregnant.

I think you are lucky to have someone close to you, that you can share your pregnancy experiences with.
|

User Profile
replied January 6th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
You sound pretty selfish. Sounds like you dont like sharing all that attention.
|

replied January 6th, 2006
Experienced User
Ok for any one wh reads this I was pregnant when I wrote this anyone hat has ever been pregnant knows that you allwo littl things to bother you that normaly would not. I was worried that my mom would not have the time to be a grandmother. I was right, but why stress it. My son has been here 3 weeks and they have only seen him twice and she lives 5 mintues away. I offer for her to come visit all the time and she makes excuses, maybe I should take him to her but its cold out and I am not dragging him out to visit at this time of his life. A good grandmother would make the time for her grandchild, considering that she does not work. No she is not mad at me about how I feel about her being pregnant because I never told her I just wanted to tell her. I never did. My beutiful son is her I am no longer conserned about this matter, I was right she is not there for him. Oh well at least he has one active grandmother.
|

User Profile
replied February 10th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
perfectdiamond19 wrote:
ok for any one wh reads this I was pregnant when I wrote this anyone hat has ever been pregnant knows that you allwo littl things to bother you that normaly would not. I was worried that my mom would not have the time to be a grandmother. I was right, but why stress it. My son has been here 3 weeks and they have only seen him twice and she lives 5 mintues away. I offer for her to come visit all the time and she makes excuses, maybe I should take him to her but its cold out and I am not dragging him out to visit at this time of his life. A good grandmother would make the time for her grandchild, considering that she does not work. No she is not mad at me about how I feel about her being pregnant because I never told her I just wanted to tell her. I never did. My beutiful son is her I am no longer conserned about this matter, I was right she is not there for him. Oh well at least he has one active grandmother.

i know this post is old but. . .I'm sorry but I would be mad too. At first I thought you were being mean but now I don't think so,i think you were right.I also think you should bring it to her attention that she makes up excuses and such!I would!
|

replied May 5th, 2006
Experienced User
Jess
I no its an old post butmy mum and my partners mum are like that no time for us an there not pregnant
|

replied October 9th, 2006
Jealous
I know this is a very old post....But you are very selfish, and obviously your attitude shows to your mother, maybe that's why she doesn't come around much.

I have a grown up daughter and I would love to be pregant at the same time as her, and she would love it too. What a bond you could have together
|

User Profile
replied October 9th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
No she is not selfish, im sorry but she is expecting usually as a mom-to-be you call up your mother to get advice and have mom all excited about her grand-child to be but if she is calling you up about sibling-to be I would be upset.

All that time her grandson will get less time because she has a newborn of her own and I think that is wrong, some of us need family to help out or we rely on family to help us and I feel the mother did it on purpose.

I would feel upset, that is your first child and its supposed to be special and you feel like your mother took that special light away from you when it was rightfull yours I understand where your coming from.

It is not being selfish instead it is morally wrong!
|

replied October 22nd, 2006
Experienced User
diamondsz wrote:

all that time her grandson will get less time because she has a newborn of her own and I think that is wrong, some of us need family to help out or we rely on family to help us and I feel the mother did it on purpose.

when you have a child, it is your responsibility to take care of that child, not your parents' responsibility. It is very nice when grandparents help take care of their grandchildren, but is not the grandparents' responsibility to do that.

It is your parents' responsibility to take care of you when you are a child, not when you are old enough to raise a baby of your own.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...