Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

Sexually Transmitted Disease While Youre Pregnant

I am 2-months pregnant and the doctor said that I have clyomedia and I dont know what to do do you think that if I go on with this pregnanacy would my child be born with a birth defect or when I treat it will if effect my child when he/she is born
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 2nd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Sorry to hear that honey. I am not sure about clamydia while pregnant. I think these are questions your doctor can answer best. You may be able to find some info online. Type in clamydia while pregnant in the search engine and see if you can find some answers there. Good luck.
|

replied January 9th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
My best friend in cali found out she had clamydia (however you spell it) when she was preg. They gave her medications and never said anything could or would be wrong with the baby's. She was preg with twins and they were fine. She also had them vaginally. Well, she had first one vaginally and second one too big. She had to have her by c/section. So if you are being treated by .Dr dont worry he should know what he is doing.
|

replied January 10th, 2006
Experienced User
Don't worry. Chlamydia can't be transmitted/passed on to your baby. The only std that doctor's really worry about during pregnancy is herpes (and obviously aids). If a woman who has herpes delivers vaginally, it can be passed on to her baby.

Congrats on your pregnancy, and enjoy it!
|

replied February 24th, 2006
Hey sarina so did you get the std cured?
I am wondering cause I too was diagnosed with clamydia about 2 wks ago and then I found out was pregnant. They prescribed me zythromax when I was diagnosed but since I was already late with my period I decided to wait and not take it then. I dont have my next appt for the clamidya till 2 weeks. Now im wondering if I should take that antibotic. What did they prescribe you? Ive been trying to conceive for a while now (about a year) so now that I am pregnant im really happy. Glad if you or anyone could help. Thanks
|

replied April 6th, 2006
Since you were diagnosed wit clamydia did your partner get diagnosed to and got the medication, if so I think he should or he could reinfect if you do it again.

vero521 wrote:
hey sarina so did you get the std cured?

I am wondering cause I too was diagnosed with clamydia about 2 wks ago and then I found out was pregnant. They prescribed me zythromax when I was diagnosed but since I was already late with my period I decided to wait and not take it then. I dont have my next appt for the clamidya till 2 weeks. Now im wondering if I should take that antibotic. What did they prescribe you? Ive been trying to conceive for a while now (about a year) so now that I am pregnant im really happy. Glad if you or anyone could help. Thanks
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...