Is anyone else out there scared to death that their infant will choke or stop breathing.
Have taken the cpr classes but am scared I will forget.
Very very nervous mom
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 16th, 2006
Experienced User
Choking
I share your fear. What if.... Is always at the back of your mind because you care for your newborn and don't want to hurt it. You are smart to have taken a cpr course specifically for babies. When I was twelve my mom had my sister and she choked on a scotch mint at 13 months old. Having taken a "babysitters" course in school I reacted quickly and responsibly, thank goodness. I took charge of the situation and saved her life. I am thankful I had some training in cpr at that time so I had an idea of what to do. Best advice: stay calm. It's most important at that time. Also, the people at 911 are very helpful. Please don't worry, if and when the time comes you'll know what to do.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....