I have had ulceritis colitis for 5 yrs now. I also think I have acid reflux problems... I have a weird pressure type feeling that comes and goes in my throat.. Is this acid reflux? Its like air or something.. The pressure is only there for a second or two and then its gone. This happens atleast a few times a day. Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 8th, 2006
Experienced User
I suffer from acid reflux disease... But my symptoms are somewhat different: I experience bitter/sour taste in my mouth sometimes. Having actual foods and liquids up in my throat after swallowing them. It happens to me after meals. I'm on nexium 40mg meds. But i've been on pariet 40mg before for about 8 weeks.. It didn't help me... And i've been on nexium for 2 weeks now, and as well. Negative effect. Nothing would work.

If you feel things coming up your esophagus or some people experience heartburn... Talk to your doctor.. You may be suffering from acid reflux.

Good luck!
|

replied February 5th, 2006
Bjcrawfo I also have that weird feeling in my throat its there for like 5 mins and then its gone...It comes and goes all day I have been to the dr about it and said it was from an ulcer they gave me pills for the pain in my stomach that I was having they did help but didnt get any relief from the bulge that I feel in my throat...I believe myself that it could be acid reflux as well...So your not alone
|
Must Read
Flu basics - what is the flu? Get started here to learn how to protect yourself....
Who is at risk of developing flu related complications? Can people die from the flu? More on risk factors here....
We answer your questions on flu symptoms here. How are cold and flu symptoms different? When should you seek medical help for flu? Plus more....