Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Pregnancy Or Ovarian Cyst? (Page 1)

Ok im new to all of this so sorry if im a little silly. I am very lost and frustrated. Four nights ago I became very ill. I was constantly nauscious, throwing up, queasy. Also I couldnt sleep all night because of it and my lower back and hips ached. I also had bad headaches. I have been constantly nauscious sense. I woke up this morning feeling the same. I have some reddish brown discharge and mostly when I wipe. My period wont start for about a week, but I took a hpt this morning and it shows a negative result, but there is a really faint second line making it look like a plus. How faint can a positive result be?? I will test again this saturday hopefully it will be accurate. I have been on yasmine for about a year and I am pretty good about taking it. My boyfriend and I have sex about 3-4 times a week and he ejaculates inside of me. So I know im being silly and not having him wear a condom. So long story short, im really not sure whats happening with my body. I have to wait but im still scared and unsure. The sick feeling does not go away. Please help! I really need advice! Thanks

Last edited by BeautifulDragon on December 22nd, 2005 09:03 PM; edited 3 times in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 16th, 2005
I Really Need Help!
:shock: its me again. I feel terrible. Ok so now im still sick every day off and on. Some days im constantly queasy and now I have these terrible burps that are so grose. Is there any one that can help? Last night I felt fine. This morning I woke up, threw up, have been burping and am really queasy and now my abdomen is really hard. Im so worried that im pregnant I really need some advise. If there is anyone that can help please do. Thanks

lydia
|

Experienced User
Whoa..U really need to schedule a doctor's appt.U could be having break through bleeding from the pills or either implantation bleeding.A faint plus is still a plus..There has to be some level of hcg hormone picked up in order for it to detect the hormone in a pregnancy test.I don't know about it if you're on the pill since the pill tricks the body into thinking its pregnant.The best thing to do is to wait until you miss your period and test again.Or just head to the clinic.Good luck.
|

Thanks For the Reply
Yeah I am going to test tomorrow and see what the results are and hopefully I will be able to get a clear clue of what going on. Im just so uncomfortable right now and I really dont know what to think. Im going to have a doctors appointment but not until january. =( like you said I am on the pill and that can give me faulse feelings, but I have never had anything like this before. Thank you so much for your help! I will let ya know.

Lydia
|

Experienced User
Just Some ?'s...
Ok, I may be being nosy, but for one thing, how old are you? Also, how regular did u take ur pills? Did u take them at the same time everyday, and never miss any pills? You sure sound like ur pregnant to me...Or u could just have a virus...Those have been going around lately, but that's not usually how a virus acts. It's usually gone in 1-2 days. You could just have some breakthrough bleeding as well.
Also, I was gonna tell you, last time I was pregnant, my positive result came out with a very faint 2nd line, and I was already 4 weeks along! Most people are only 2 weeks along when they find out they're pregnant. Anyhow, good luck to u! Let us know either way tomorrow...
|

Just Some Answers
Im 21 years old. Never been pregnant. I take the pills around the same time every night. But I have a tendancy to fall asleep without taking them and wind up taking them in the morning. Also I have missed some every once and awhile not more than one at a time though. Yeah I dont think its a virus as well because it has lasted now for about 6 days I think. Its really odd. I will find out tomorrow hopefully. I calculated that I was ovulating from dec. 4th to dec. 9th and yeah im sure we had sex then. My period is to start dec. 21st so I guess we will see. I appriciate you comments! I need all the help I can get. I would love to be prego im just nervous and im younge. I will keep you all posted. Thanks

lydia
|

Experienced User
Well, girl, it sounds like you could definitely be pg, especially w/ not taking your pills regular. I know a girl who dropped one pill, her dog ate it, so she just went on cuz she figured she couldn't get pg with just missing one pill. Well, she did! So you definitely could be!
Also, if you would love to be pg, why r u on the pill???
Just curious...
|

Experienced User
Oh, also, I was gonna tell u 2 that u don't ovulate when you're on the pill!!!
The pill keeps you from ovulating, which in turn keeps you from getting pg!
|

Wow Good to Know Lol
Lol I feel silly about the ovulation thing lol. Well anyways yeah I want a baby but im younge and my bf and I dont have the best money situation. I guess it is mainly because of that, that I am on the pill. We just recently bought our house and a new car. Lol and we have 4 dogs =) so a baby will be hard. He is excited though but not excited enough that if I am not preg that we can try to. Lol oh well. Thanks for all the help. I will keep ya posted!

Lydia
|

Extremely eHealthy
If you keep missing a pill (or not taking them same time)it can throw you into ovulation.

There is a chance of getting pregnant while taking them regular--it has happened before.

Yes, it is suppose to stop the ovulation, but they say as soon as you come off of them a women is very suseptible to get pregnant right away.
|

replied December 17th, 2005
Htp Result Was -
:( im confused! Ok I tested this morning and it was negative. Its 4 days before my period is to start so iwill just have to test again tomorrow. Im still pretty queasy and I have such bad burps still. I really dont know what to think. It just seems unlikley that its a virus. I will just have to wait and see I guess. If I miss my period next week I guess that will help a little bit. Well im frustrated and confused. If anyone has anything they can add please do! I need all the help I can get! Thanks!

Lydia
|

replied December 18th, 2005
Ok so now I have been sick this way for a week. I am going to wait and see if my regular period starts this wednesday. I know that its just too soon for me to test again. I was just curious if I continue taking my birthcontrol durring this time, and I am pregnant, can that hurt the pregnancy?? I mean I am not 100% sure I am pregnant and my boyfriend says I should just keep taking it.

Has anyone hade apedicitis? I was reading about my symptoms and they do match up with some of the apendicitis symptoms. Im just trying to figure out what else could be wrong with me if im not pregnant. Thanks
|

Experienced User
Yes, you should continue to take your pills. I had a situation similar to yours a while back (i didn't end up being pregnant), but my doctor told me to continue taking my pills, because there isn't enough of a harm with it being so early in a possible pregnancy. Keep us updated, and I hope you get the answer you want!
|

Going Crazy With Waiting!
Well that is very good to know. Yeah I will just continue taking them. Wow I just want to know! Lol I hate waiting! So happiness03, you said that u had a similar situation a while back but ended up not being pregnant. Did you have some of the same symptoms I am having? What did it end up being for you? Just curious what else it is that I could be experiencing if im not pregnant. I appriciate all of your imput. Thanks
|

replied December 19th, 2005
Experienced User
Yes, I had a lot of the same symptoms as you have described. What happened was, I forgot to take one pill, I didn't realize that until the next morning when I started my period a week early! I couldn't figure out what was going on, and then I looked at my pill pack, and the day before was still sitting in there! I was extremely upset, because I had sex that night, thinking I had taken my pill! It was horrible having to wait, but I think my symptoms were more due to stress!

Hang in there!
|

replied December 19th, 2005
Ok that is good to know. Yeah I have missed pills before as well. I usually take them before I go to sleep and I have a tendency to fall asleep and forget to take them, so I take them the next morning =( I know that could be really messing things up for me. The thing is I have never felt like this before and I just feel so odd. I took another pregnancy test this morning and it was negative. I still have to wait 2 more days for my period. Thanks for you help!
|

replied December 20th, 2005
Woo Hoo Got a Drs Appointment Soon!
I was able to get a doctors appointment this thursday! Also they have a lab in the office so I can do the blood test there! Dont know when I will get the results but hopefully soon. Most likely after christmas. Bleh, still sick and tomorrow is the period. We will see. I just know I feel totally different then I usually do when my period is about to start. I will let you all know!

Lydia
|

replied December 21st, 2005
Ahhh
Ok so my period didnt start. Im so confused! I took another hpt and it was negative again. Not really sure whats happening but I have my blood test tomorrow so we will see.
|

replied December 22nd, 2005
=(
Ok no period yesterday. I had cramps like I was on my period but no blood. This morning my period started. Im still confused. I have my blood test at 2:40 pm today. So if I have my period can I still be pregnant?
|

User Profile
replied December 22nd, 2005
Especially eHealthy
Re: =(
beautifuldragon wrote:
ok no period yesterday. I had cramps like I was on my period but no blood. This morning my period started. Im still confused. I have my blood test at 2:40 pm today. So if I have my period can I still be pregnant?

yes. You can be. I don't think it's likely though. But who knows? Well, I hope that the outcome is whatever you want it to be! Have a happy holiday!
|
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....