How do I go about getting off the duragistic patch that i've been on since july of this year? I've started with 25 mg. And now i'm up to 75 mg. I've been experiencing cold sweats. Please help me with this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 18th, 2003
Experienced User
I think the only person that can help you get off this would be a dr, what is this med for, is it for an injury, illness etc
|

replied December 18th, 2003
Getting Off of Narcotics
I had back surgery last june and it didn't work. So the Dr. Put me on the pain patch.
|

replied December 19th, 2003
Experienced User
If your having bad reactions to this patch, I would talk to your doctor about it, if your still in pain maybe he will give you something different, it sucks having back pain I have tried so many different meds, nothing ever works, I gave up on the meds, im trying herbal remedies, homoeopathic, not sure if its going to help, but at this point I will give anything a try
|

replied November 12th, 2004
Experienced User
I was on the duragesic patch 25 mg for about a year for chronic upper back pain. After about 8 months he started having me change it every 48 hours instead of 72 hours. After a while the patch was making my skin break out anywhere I put it.

Last month he changed me to kadian, which is a time released morphine pill. I have been sleeping better and I don't have the restless leg syndrome anymore. I have been having more headaches though. Rolling Eyes

in order to get off the patch completely you will have to be weaned off with some pills like tylox or lortabs. Otherwise you'll have withdrawal symptoms such as feeling extremely tired and yawning all the time, irritability and restless legs and more i'm sure.

Good luck getting off the patch.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....