I have a 14 yr old son who might have leukemia. His signs are very tired and he can't fight off infections. He stays sick pretty much all the time. And sometimes he looks yellowish. I don't know if I should be worry about this or not. I just want to know if this is a good sign of leukemia or am I being paranoid about this?

Thanks
animalbears
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 26th, 2006
Leukemia is a tough illness, sounds like there is defatly something there and the yellowish skin color sounds like a liver thing, has he seen a doctor? If yes what kinds of tests has the doc ordered? If none you need a new doc, if the usual then I would go back and ask for specific tests and explain that this is not normal and you wnat to know what is going on.

And if you haven't taken him to a doc then please do so that is your best bet!

Also does your son meet all or most of the symptoms of leukemia?

Let us know
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Click here for basic info on leukemia, including diagnostic types and how doctors classify this disease of blood forming tissues....
Is leukemia inherited? Read here for more info on what causes leukemia and what environment risk factors or triggers you might avoid....
Leukemia can affect many parts of the body, including the organs of the cardiovascular and digestive systems. But what are the major symptoms of leukemia?...