Last week I was feeling all icky, so I went to the doctor. She said that it could be the flu or some other virus that has to run its course. She also said that it could be preggy symptoms. But she gave me medicine and I am not sure if I should take the medicine or not. I also bought a hpt, but I just had my period a little over a week ago. So should I test first and then take the medication, or should I not take the medication at all? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Selena m.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 14th, 2005
Experienced User
Medicine
Hey butterfly, I suggest take the preggy test and if it is +, no medicine...If it is negative, take the medicine - if you really want to know for sure, have your doc take a blood test.

I was using every precaution when I cleaned my kitties litter, (usually my husband does it, but if he's working and it's stinky - i'm not waiting - but I was wearing gloves, mask, etc... After I took the preg test and it was neg (mind you I still having got my period yet - 7 days late now)...I am not wearing gloves but am still covering my mouth (just in case).

But either way, baby dust to you!!!
|

Experienced User
Thanks
Thanks so much. I think I am going to go to my gyno and take a blood test. The hpt was negative??? Well it was one dark line and one very very faint line. So just to be sure I am going to the doc. Thanks for the advice.
Selena m.
|

Experienced User
Butterfly
Please keep me posted, it may be a positive if you had a faint line - I don't know, but after reading alot of posts here, I see that people who had a faint line come up, found out they were + - i'm excited for you!!! But I won't get too excited, lol! Let me know what your doc's blood result is!!! Good luck!
|

User Profile
replied December 16th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Faint Lines Can Still Be Positive
Hi, I just wanted to say that when I found out I was pregnant with my 2nd child the line on the test I did was really faint! I didnt know whether it was really there or if my eyes were deceiving me lol! I had to get a friend to come round my house just to see what she thought! I took another 4 tests ( it cost me a small fortune) they all did the same thing so my doctor ran some tests a few days later I got a call with my results he said they were negative but he couldnt understand how 4 home test could be wrong so he asked me to go back after 2wks to have some more tests done. I did, it was then I got the positive I had been waiting for! I now have a cheeky 18mth old toddler! It turned out the faint line was due to me only being a couple of weeks gone. In some people the further gone you are the darker the line due to there being more 'pregnancy' hormone in your body. Dont want you to end up disappointed but false positives are really rare! Good luck! Let us know your result! :)
|

replied December 16th, 2005
Experienced User
Thanks again. All of the info is so helpful. I took another test and it was the same. My mom told me that it could be a +- so I made an appt. With my doctor. I cannot get in for two weeks. Oh how the suspense is building. Lol. If I am, how soon do you start to show? I am supposed to get married in march. We might move the wedding up, so I can fit into my dress. Thanks again.
Selena m.
|

User Profile
replied December 17th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
You gotta wait 2 weeks! You'll be tearing your hair out believe me! Different people show at different times it all depends on the baby e.T.C. With my 1st baby I was like a small barrel at just 3mths lol! With my 2nd I was quite abit smaller. Would have thought by march that wedding dress will certainly be abit tight though! But theres nothing wrong with a baby bump.Hope everything goes well with the appt. Let us know how you get on! :)
|

replied December 20th, 2005
Experienced User
I think that I might really be preggy. I have gotten sick all this week. My fiance says that it is probably nerves. I am really nervous though. But I only have a week and a half to go. I just hope that I am not dissapointed. My fiance has already told his mother that I am pregnant and she was so excited that she already started to buy stuff. I really dont want to dissapoint her. I guess if I am not, then there is always next month right? I just want to wish every one a happy holiday and lots of baby dust to all of those ttc. Good luck.
Selena m.
|

replied December 21st, 2005
Experienced User
Hi butterfly,

i am really excited for you. Congrats! Congrats...1) getting married 2) preggie.....Don't worry about the wedding dress, you'll surely look radiant and all pretty. All the best :)
|

replied December 21st, 2005
Experienced User
Scared!
Today I was walking from one room to the other while holding my 8th month old nephew, who I babysit, and I had this horrible pain, not cramping, pain in my uterous. I almost dropped the baby. It his me out of no where. It lasted for about two minutes and then it went away. Later today I was getting up off the couch and it happened again, only worse. So now I am a little scared. I have never had this type of pain before. What could it be? I still cant see the doctor for another week. Does anyone have any advice on this? Much appreciated.
Baby dust to all ttc.
Selena m.
|

replied December 22nd, 2005
I had a few instances of sharp pain like that that came on all of a sudden and it turned out I am pregnant. I had never experienced anything like those pains either. Hth
|

replied December 26th, 2005
Experienced User
Ouch!!
Merry christmas to everyone!! I hope everyone had a great holiday. To day was not a good day however. I have been blaoted for 24 hours!! It is horrible. I have taking malox and tums all day and nothing is working. I would have taking something stronger but not sure if I am preggy or not. My mom said that it could be a symtom of pregnancy or it could be bloating before a period. My period is due in one week and I have a doc. Appt. On the 29th. Any adivice on how to get rid of bloating?? Much appreciated.
Selena m.
|

User Profile
replied December 28th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I think a faint line is still a line! Sounds like a posative to me!!
|

replied December 29th, 2005
Experienced User
Ok. I went to the doctor today and took a hpt. It had two lines, one of them very faint like before. So she insisted on taking a blood test to be sure. She said that I am highly likely to be pregnant. So I am so excited but I wont get the test results until next tuesday. So when I told my fiance he almost started doing back flips. I think he is more excited than me. She also gave me prenantals. She said that if I wasn't preggy that it would be a good idea to still take the prenatals. I guess they help you when you are ttc. I will keep you all posted. Happy new year!!
Selena m.
|

replied December 30th, 2005
Experienced User
Sob!
Today is a bad day. I started my period today! I was so sure that I was preggy. I am a little upset, but at least I will be able to fit in to my wedding dress and we will be able to have a good honey moon. I am really bummed though. My fiance was really upset. I think next time I am going to wait until I know that I am pregnant and then tell him. Now all we have to worry about is telling his mother. Ok. Well babydust to all of you ttc. I wish you all the best of luck.
Selena m.
|

replied December 31st, 2005
Hey butterfly, dont be sad about your period... You can try again next month. Time flies surprisingly fast. For future advise, I would try not to get excited about being pregnant and not take any hpt until you have missed a period. I really believe that if you think about your period a lot it makes it delayed and you start "feeling pregnant".

Good luck with preparing for the wedding.... Enjoy your moment!!
|

replied January 2nd, 2006
Experienced User
Butterfly, don't be upset. Usually people don't really annouce the pregnancy till it is after 3 months. I mean to everyone they know. I guessed in forum is a different thing. The first 3 months of preg is still unstable and pron to miscarriage. I know sometimes we do get carried away..Baby dust to you....
|

replied February 25th, 2006
Butterfly_05
Hi! Butterfly its okey!!! You can wear your wedding dress eventhough your pregnant. Be optimistic girl, probably it has a reason. Think positive assume your self that your baby is you blessing. Pamper your self while your pregnant you can relax and enjoy it.

About your honeymoon don't bother it so much.Just stay happy and fiond someone to talk to.

-geh
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....