Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Messed Up Mother-in-law - Mental Problems

My family has been dealing with quite a problem. Recntly my pregnant wife was leaving work and found a letter addressed to a strange name,"jasmine". This is not my wife's name but she remembered someone who used it as an on-line alias.
After numerous other letters had been left for the same individual she asked her mom a question. Are you using my info on-line again? We have been married for 5 years and it had never come up before. My wife was up in arms as her mom denied using her info.

Well 6 months of research has opened many truths. First a call to her mother's cell was answered by my wife's sister and light was shed on the situation. My mother-in-law has been putting my wife's personal info(photos, vehicle driven, place of employment) out on the internet to meet men. We have even spoken to people who have been to my wife's mom's home for make-out sessions while her husband slept in the bedroom down the hall.
The men we've contacted all advise my mother and law would always wear a hooded sweatshirt to hide her face and only remove it in a totally dark room. How they could not tell the difference, I don't know.
Even when confronted with all the facts her story would always place blame on another. There is really somehting wrong with her but we have no idea how to handle this. My wife advises this has happened before as soon as she left home for college.

We have contacted authorities.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 27th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These symptoms are consistent with behavioural disorder. She would need mental state examination for further clarification.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mental Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.