This week I get a complete physical and I can pretty much predict that as soon as the examination starts, the first thing that is going to be done will be my vital signs which will most certainly include a rectal temperature taking.

I can speak for myself, first that it doesn't bother me to have this done, as i've had more than my fair share of rectal temperature takings since my early twenties.

I've not only had it done at medical facilities, but on occasions when i've had colonics, the therapists have preceeded the colonic with a rectal temperature check.

I would like to know if others who post here also have this procedure done, as i'm told that this is a practice by the medical profession that is coming back and being relied on more than other routes of measurements. :?:
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper RACINUP
|

replied January 8th, 2018
My Mom is a Nurse and she always takes our temperatures rectally. We don't like it but she says its the best way and the most accurate. So, I guess for us it's never left. I have some friends though too whose parents and doctors started taken it that way again so maybe it is coming back. I dunno.
|
Did you find this post helpful?