I recently developed this bump on my forehead when I came to college. It's not painful or anything, but it's very hard and seems to fluxuate in size. Someone said this could be a mineral deposit in cause of the new water I am now drinking. Has anyone ever heard of this? Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied December 13th, 2005
Experienced User
I have never heard of a mineral deposit on skin but if it swells again, go to a general surgeon and have them try to drain it
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
It seems boil. Take oral antibiotic like amoxicillin.
If the swelling was increasing in size then consult general surgeon .
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.