Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Hey Ladies I Have a Couple ?'s About C-sections..please Help

Hey ladies well I had a c-section nov 26th...N its 2 weeks later n I have some pain when u put pressure below my belly botton...But my insision doesnt hurt I even refused pain meds. While I was in the hospital I only took them to sleep lol...But...I belive it is healing(hopefully)lol the doctor said it looked great but that was a week n 3 days ago...Im kinda nervious about the pain below my belly botton....If u lades can help me out....Id like to know if u ladies who have had a c-section had the same pain n how long does it last....N how long do u normally bleed b4 u get ur actuall peirod?Or if anything just please leave me some information about c-section insisions n pain =-) if u can pleaseeeeeee pleaseee help me id be sooo greatfull thank u all ladies =-)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 11th, 2005
Community Volunteer
I was like you I didn't take any pain meds excet the first night to sleep. To be honest, it's almost 6 months later and I still have a lil bit of pain when I bend certain ways and it's still numb around my scar.

As for bleeding I bled lightly for almost 6 weeks. And only started my period about a month later once I started on my bc pills.
|

replied December 11th, 2005
Experienced User
Thankx hun...So its normal to have some pain...Whew lol..Yea I should be starten the patch in about 2 weeks n im not reallly looken forward to this period thing again lol...I allways had really really bad cramps when I was pms'ing....So im really really not looken forward to it...Lol but thanks for the info...It setteled my mind a little bit...=-) thank u alot n good luck with the little one u had a babi boi right?
|

User Profile
replied December 12th, 2005
Community Volunteer
Ya pain is normal and yes, I had a lil boy. You? Sorry I have a bad (mommy-lol) memory.

My cramps have gotten worse now but that could just be me. Ugh
|

User Profile
Supporter
I had a c-section with both my boys. With my first, I recovered nicely, but was infected for almost 7 weeks with my second.

Why did you have a c-section?
|

Cramps
This has nothing to do with a c-sec but it may help with cramps, I have really bad cramps an if you drink warm mint tea or make basil teas (4 to 5 freash basil leaves depending on how strong u want it, boil water an pour over leaves, leave to steep 15 to 20 mins add honey to sweeten) it usally helps with cramps, also good for upset stomachs even for children as young as 4, hope this helps u some
|

Experienced User
Blaze-i had a little boy as well...A great baby barly cries =-) im so glad lol n I hope my cramps dont get worse lol...Good luck wit ya son does he cri alot?

Michelle-i had a c-section becuz his cord was around his neck really tight so everytime he would drop a little more into the cannal.. His heart rate would decrease rapidly...It would be around 30...Which isnt good...But hes well now healty as ever he gained 12 ounces in a week lolhes a pig...

Soon2b- thank u for that peice of info im definitly going to try that...N it doesnt sound like it taste to bad iether lol ....

Thank u ladies u are awesome...N help me out alot =-)
|

User Profile
Supporter
I'm glad everything turned out for the better.

Btw congratulations :d . Good luck!
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...